Need help on gluing diebold skimmer to ATMs

Baegho

Carder
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a diebold skimmer and I'm having a real hard time gluing it on ATMs.
I tried the glue-gun +superglue method but it didn't work (the surface was irregular , not smooth, and it wouldn't fit in nicely and of course, wouldn't PayPal to it) after that i tried two part epoxy glue (actually it was more gum like than glue) supposed to fix everything , even this time it didn't PayPal on the ATM so well .. When i used it I had to put some everywhere and hold it for 5 minutes for it to harden.
I really can't figure out how some guys can do it in just 10 seconds ?!? What do they use exactly ?? I feel like I can't even do the easiest part of it....
Thanks for your help

vnz

Carder
Reaction score
forget glue, use slim outdoor tape

edit: make sure to take weather resistant tape

Last edited:

nsn

Professional
Reaction score
If you are in the use use "command strips 3m double sided tape". Trim to fit the device, apply over atm and go.

k0zak

Reaction score
Use OUTDOOR 3M double sided tape. It is grey with red cover. It's the best. And thin too (max 1mm thickness). h..p://www.scotchbrand.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/ScotchBrand/Scotch/Products/Catalog/~/Scotch-Outdoor-Mounting-Tape?N=6604493&rt=rud

Reactions: Baegho

Baegho

Thanks you for your advice

umbakr

DEER
Reaction score
Yes. K0zal is right ( +1) 3M 2mm tape is the best solution . Dont get confused 3M = brand name of tape.

generalguich

Carder
Reaction score
bro you need to use the 3M **(VHB)** 2sided tape and you need the one who can hold 90pounds and especially for diebold small model you need the 2sided who hold 90pounds

Baegho

Carder
Reaction score
Thanks you for all your answers, so I'll put the 3M double sided tape on all extremity of the skimmer ? I push the skimmer on the Diebold and I hold 20-30 sec pressing everywhere ?

generalguich

Carder
Reaction score
ya something like this...dont forget to get strong adhesive tape really important bro. peace wish u luck

msrv

Reaction score
Thanks you for all your answers, so I'll put the 3M double sided tape on all extremity of the skimmer ? I push the skimmer on the Diebold and I hold 20-30 sec pressing everywhere ?

First you apply the tape from opposite side on your skimmers back side . and do not peel of the thin red coating of it. When you ready to place it on atm, then remove it and immediately press it for few seconds and it will work.
If you remove the red coating prior to PayPaling it to the atm it will not work, becuase it will be exposed to air.
Hope it helps.

k0zak

Reaction score

10 seconds is enough. Wipe with cloth first before mounting.

umbakr

DEER
Reaction score

how do i contact you . i have some talks to make.

Baegho

Carder
Reaction score
Ok I understand, but I have a last question, can you tell me on which zone I need to put the 3M double sided tape ?

Do not worry about the aspect of the skimmer, he is the result of my missed tests, he working, that is the most important (he is not burned, it's glue)

thanks

Attachments

• 20130324_215044[1].jpg
    20130324_215044[1].jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 88

k0zak

Reaction score
Ok I understand, but I have a last question, can you tell me on which zone I need to put the 3M double sided tape ?

Do not worry about the aspect of the skimmer, he is the result of my missed tests, he working, that is the most important (he is not burned, it's glue)

thanks

First of all try and clean those surface as good as possible. The tape needs to be on flat surface for good results. If you can , I would take batteries of bezel clean all that area, rearrange batteries in line for better mounting space.

jackblack206

Reaction score
tape

you dont need to hold the tape for 20 seconds ,just press firmly for like 1-2 seconds and your done.

TheRayMan

Professional
Reaction score
edit: was going to say vhb but already covered. i went on a rant about that shitty command tape that would never work and got distracted. even the most heavy duty in stores "25lb" wont hold properly. you need the 90lb as general said.

Last edited:

kkk

Professional
Reaction score
the glue mount is shit. look to the problem why your device can't be attached. the general reason is - curve model.
to solve this problem you need mechanical mount along with 3M. this is what you have to do:

buy metal stripe, cut small pieces (about 1x1cm) and bend them in half by 90 degrees.
glue these pieces with glue-gun to your model.
try it on atm and move or bend more/less these pieces if necessary

the main advantage is that metal pieces will hold the device and don't let it unfold while 3M doing it's reaction.

sorry for the brief painting, i'm not a good artist))

10Nkw.jpeg

TheRayMan

Professional
Reaction score
kkk: sounds abit like over complicating something that is otherwise pretty simple? unless you are refering to rafaels diebold mostly or would this work with any model? i know rafaels has much less surface area in the back so double sided vhb tape may not work but i do not know about that but there are many other models that have much more surface area in the back and these brackets would cause more trouble than needed when a few pieces of 90lb vhb do the job. just curious which opteva bezels you are referring to, the ones with very thin walls on the back?

Last edited: