Instore AVS?

symmetry

Carder
Reaction score
when purchasing a laptop (for myself) at best buy, they ask for zip code, address. are they running avs in addition to swiping the card to see if name / address match the name / address of the card number?

symmetry

Carder
Reaction score
anyone?

i'm asking whether a retailer can run avs and determine that the name and address on a card & ID do not match the credit card number's information.

?

Devi

D.A.P
Reaction score
Yes many shops e.g. in usa have AVS checker.
I'm always ship to holder's name so i can't say anything about name match
Less of this type of shops in China

Last edited:

symmetry

Carder
Reaction score
Yes many shops e.g. in usa have AVS checker.
I'm always ship to holder's name so i can't say anything about name match
Less of this type of shops in China

No, i'm asking about INSTORE carding. you present your card/dump for payment. they swipe. it's good. then they run avs and discover that the account owner name and the name on your nov do not match.

do instore retailers run avs?

TrynaGetRich

Carder
Reaction score
Well i did run into this at Walmart before. It seem to kick in at a certain amount of money. For example if your item is 250 then no worries but when you pass 300 to 500 then it kicked in. A trick we used to counteract the avs bullshit was buying multiple low value gift cards. Like we buy 5 250usd gift cards and buy that 1250 big item we wanted with the gift cards. but some store act retarded when you try to buy gift card off credit. but this may sound racist but our white cashiers had better luck getting gift cards off credit than our black cashiers.

symmetry

Carder
Reaction score
interesting.

so walmart ran avs?

also - from my experience, buying gift cards with credit vs. debit with signature has to do with the store and not the cashier - i can speak more about this if you pm.

anyone - when best buy asks you (instore) for name, address, zip, are they running avs?

symmetry

Carder
Reaction score
c'mon, there's a hundred carders on this site!

can anyone tell me - can a retailer run avs on a card presented in-store?

TrynaGetRich

Carder
Reaction score
bro there are many carders here but some are busy making money and can not find the time to help with your post even though they want to, some who are just trying to rip people, and other who stand in the back, read a post and not contribute. but i think higher end retailers run avs. like before i ran into it at walmart, kmart, and gas station when you are prompt to enter zip to complete transaction. Target does not in a way, just ask for last four of card when you pass 400usd.

symmetry

Carder
Reaction score
thank you.

so how is everyone getting around this problem in-store? do you have a different id for every purchase?

Shaun54

Reaction score
I too would like an answer to this since I haven't read anything about AVS instore before and it seems like this could be a big issue.

symmetry

Carder
Reaction score
I too would like an answer to this since I haven't read anything about AVS instore before and it seems like this could be a big issue.

yes.

and if it's not being done, why the fuck is best buy asking for address, zip code, etc. ?