Professional
Reaction score
ticketmaster.jpg

Content:
  • How to register on the ticketmaster website
  • How to buy tickets on the ticketmaster website
  • Electronic tickets ticketmaster
  • Ticket refunds

Ticketmaster is the world's largest online ticketing system for concerts, sports, arts, theater and other events, as well as high-demand museum tickets.

I have used Ticketmaster to buy tickets to musicals in London and Paris, as well as tickets to the House of Claude Monet (Giverny) and now I want to write my review and share how to use this site, how to register on it and buy tickets.

This huge company has a separate website for each country:
  • in Austria
  • in Australia
  • In Great Britain
  • in Belgium
  • in Germany
  • in Denmark
  • in Ireland
  • in Spain
  • in Italy
  • in the Netherlands
  • in Norway
  • in Poland
  • in Finland
  • in France
  • in the Czech Republic
  • in Switzerland
  • in Sweden etc.
Therefore, we go through the registration procedure again each time.

How to register on the ticketmaster website​

I will tell you how to fill out the form when registering. As usual, the login/registration button on the sites is in the upper right corner. Click it, and you will get a pop-up window in which you either need to log in (for registered users) or click Sign up to create a new account. Next, we fill out the standard form: name, surname, e-mail, repeat e-mail, password, country (select Other). Next, we must check the box whether we want to subscribe to the mailing list: if yes - Yes please, if not - No thanks. And now we click the Sign up button.

That's all, after that we receive a welcome letter to the specified email address (no need to confirm anything). Registration is complete, now you can buy tickets!

How to buy tickets on the ticketmaster website​

It’s been many years since I first used ticketmaster to buy tickets for The Phantom of the Opera and Billy Eliot, musicals that would be hard to get into on the day of the performance in London. Back then, I received a booking confirmation by email that strictly stated that the printout was not a ticket. I had to go to the box office and exchange the printout for tickets to the theater. Now you receive tickets with a barcode by email (or in a mobile app), which are your entrance tickets to a show or other event. You can print them out, or show them on your smartphone

There may be variations, for example, in 2022, you can order a beautiful plastic badge with a barcode on the French Ticketmaster, which you will proudly show at the entrance, and it will be a cool souvenir (not free). In the photo below - French and English versions, in the English - you get an electronic ticket without a markup, in the French (left) you can choose this additional option and pay extra for it.

Ticketmaster. Choosing a delivery method

Sometimes Ticketmaster charges a premium for tickets. I use the service when the benefit is obvious: you get to see a show you might easily miss if you didn't buy a ticket in advance, or you get to skip the line at a museum (like Claude Monet's house and garden in Giverny).

So, we go to the event page, select the required number of tickets (you can buy no more than 10 tickets per session), and start the purchase procedure by clicking on the Get Tickets button.

Then again, depending on the country, the procedures may differ. In the English version, you immediately proceed to payment, in the French version, you will first be offered insurance of 3 euros (this surcharge allows you to return the purchased tickets, otherwise the tickets are considered non-refundable. But! This insurance is only for EU residents). It is easy to refuse this surcharge - you just need to check the box next to No, thank you.

At the next stage, you choose the delivery method and, accordingly, the markup (if you want tickets by mail, choose DHL). And only after that, choose the payment method and pay for the tickets. Here you can also check the box and save the card for future purchases (if they are planned). Russian cards go through completely painlessly.

Electronic tickets ticketmaster​

Each e-ticket contains a unique barcode, so you need to print each ticket on a separate page. The system warns separately: if someone steals your tickets and gets into the show first, you will not be able to use the barcode again, the ticket will be considered invalid. By the way, it is separately written that you may be asked for a passport (the name of the account owner will be indicated on the ticket).

Since the date and time of the event are subject to change without prior notice, the system strongly recommends checking the day before the show to ensure there have been no changes.

The ticket must be printed in high quality (or be easily readable from a mobile phone screen).

Ticket refunds​

Pay attention to the conditions of purchase of tickets, do not be lazy to read them, put them in Google translator. I have only seen non-refundable tickets, not once, neither on the Spanish version of the site, nor on the French, nor on the English I have seen that there were tickets that can be returned (only if you did not select the option and paid for it).

Most often, a reminder about this will be on your tickets (which you receive by email), and it sounds like “the ticket is neither exchangeable, nor refundable”, that is, “the ticket is not subject to exchange or refund”:

Ticket refunds

If you can't find the event you need on Ticketmaster, or you can't pay for tickets, try alternative services for booking tickets to museums, concerts and shows around the world: Getyourguide | Tiqets | Ticketnetwork | Musement |

Source