How do carders get caught cashing D+P???

thefighter

Professional
Reaction score
Yeah fuck that. I NEVER go to the machines that eat the card any more. I only go through the push in pull out atms or the old old swipe down atms. There are even a few swipe down atms that are up to date with touch screens and stuff. Mostly in malls. NEVER let the machine keep the card.

bell

Reaction score
If you pulled cash off the card before it was ate by the atm. You can plan on some type of investigation. The card will get picked up and sent back to the issuer and then to the banks own fraud dept. If you hit them hard,,that card and a list of all the transactions you did using that bank will get sent to the Secret serv. for more investigation. Don't take my word for it,,there is a show here in the US called Secret Service case files and it shows all this stuff.

maybe those kind of shows are made to brainwash in the first place, you never know ;)

epicgodz

Professional
Reaction score
A lot of people get caught having 20+ blank plastics on them and using them at one ATM back to back. Thats the stupidest thing you can do. I would do a maximum of 2 and on to the next ATM.

drop

RIPPER
Reaction score
I would like to add , if you are cashng out large number of cards each day , don't carry your mobile phone or keep it switched off . ?If the rate of fraud is high in the area , the LE with a little help from the telecom companies, can creepily narrow down on the perpetrators based on the Cell tower triangulation and some clever assumptions of the numbers active in that area and the scene of withdrawals around that time .

This might sound far fetched but its a possibility and when it comes to Freedom , why take a chance !! i just thought about the entire scnene enacting the same in my mind and i think its a logical reson !

Ninja

Reaction score
epicgodz
Seems like you never was into real cashing, when you have 70+ d daily.

epicgodz

Professional
Reaction score
I would like to add , if you are cashng out large number of cards each day , don't carry your mobile phone or keep it switched off . ?If the rate of fraud is high in the area , the LE with a little help from the telecom companies, can creepily narrow down on the perpetrators based on the Cell tower triangulation and some clever assumptions of the numbers active in that area and the scene of withdrawals around that time .

This might sound far fetched but its a possibility and when it comes to Freedom , why take a chance !! i just thought about the entire scnene enacting the same in my mind and i think its a logical reson !

Cell phone triangulation is meant to be used if the LE already knows what number they are looking for. Also cell phone triangulation is not as accurate as everyone thinks. Its about 25 meters give or take. It would take days, probably longer for LE to weed through the countless numbers off each tower and coincide them with the other towers again why cell phone triangulation is meant for a number that is already known.

NINJA, even if you did have 70+ D I dont see how thats an excuse to use 20+ on one atm....just foolish if you ask me. If you wanna make money you gotta do some legwork, no reason to be lazy and get caught up.

drop

RIPPER
Reaction score
Cashing d+ps security

Cell phone triangulation is meant to be used if the LE already knows what number they are looking for. Also cell phone triangulation is not as accurate as everyone thinks. Its about 25 meters give or take. It would take days, probably longer for LE to weed through the countless numbers off each tower and coincide them with the other towers again why cell phone triangulation is meant for a number that is already known.

NINJA, even if you did have 70+ D I dont see how thats an excuse to use 20+ on one atm....just foolish if you ask me. If you wanna make money you gotta do some legwork, no reason to be lazy and get caught up.

Well i was merely stating a possibility : and i dont' see any reason why it would take takes or longer than that to Zero down on one "number " that coincidentally had been in the all scenes of cAshing . All telecom Companies maintain huge databases ,storage space doesn't come as a overburdened expense these days . and a script run on a powerful computer can easily and effectively narrow down and spot the number , that has the most occurences in the cashing joints . From there on it just takes ( not that i am saying they will always do - but they might do when the number of cashouts are high enough to call for an investigation ) them to snoop on the few numbers they suspect may belong to the casher . thats Highly likely . Its not a matter of when , but a matter of if . If they want theu can .

epicgodz

Professional
Reaction score
Ive done my share of RF cell phone technology work so I know vast amounts of information on cell phone triangulation and the likes. Its only meant to put a known person in a general area at a certain time. Very Very unlikely they are going to do the method you described to try and catch the crook it would be nearly impossible to catch the person, especially these days with cell phone companies out there using no contracts where you can use a made up name to sign up like Metro PCS or Cricket. Lets say they find the number, then what? You think a judge is going to issue a warrant because of cellular activity in a general area? pffff cmon bro. Even then who is to say that cellular # is even in that persons name? Too many variables for LE to even implement that strategy. Last thing they want to do is waste $ and chase a ghost.

It seems like most D+P people are caught because their skimmer was discovered and LE waited for them to retrieve it, or some bystander is watching a guy swipe 20+ cards at an ATM. At least thats what hits the news these days.

I guess paranoia keeps a lot of people out trouble, but scared money = no money. Just dont carry a cell phone with you while you work. If you need to hookup to your device with bluetooth you can use a phone that is not hooked up to any network. Problem solved :)

drop

RIPPER
Reaction score
@epicGodz . You are right to a vast extent . The amount of money that needs to be invested in investigating far outweighs the result it might yield .you are totally right about extracting a warrant based on these assumptions . you are right about the availability of prepaid connections on any assumed identity . i don't contest any of it or the fact when u stated, Scared = no money :) . My assumption and views were based on the fact that a lot of people does cashouts in the same city/town and repeat atms (when the city/town is small , the fraud relatively appears big and the above scene can be enacted,) ). And even though triangulation isn't accurate to exactly where u are standing , there is other ways to snoop on people/mark . The phone companies will be more than willing to present with all the call history of the suspected number if LE request for it . This could vary from country to country , but i doubt any provider will Object to such a Request .

So i don't carry a phone. That way i have my own Peace of mind :)

But your insight to the matter discussed is Great . i wish i could have +ve rep u .

livethebeat

Professional
Reaction score
If you're ever caught with a few cards I hear running a strong magnet on the back of the card will destroy the data, I heard it depends on a few variables how well it does it so test it out with a strong magnet but it could save you in the end. Swipe the magnet over the magnetic strip before you're arrested to get rid of the evidence.