Which type of proxy

cheesycheese

Reaction score
I'm planning to use proxy-sale site but I don't know which type of proxy I should buy and how does socks5 work is that something I can choose in any of these?

IPv4
IPv6
ISP

Easymonesniper

Professional
Reaction score
I'm planning to use proxy-sale site but I don't know which type of proxy I should buy and how does socks5 work is that something I can choose in any of these?

IPv4
IPv6
ISP
usually everyone works with socks5 so it's best to use it

Easymonesniper

Professional
Reaction score
Its okay! Do you have any ideas of what to use?
When planning to use Proxy-Sale, understanding the different types of proxies and how SOCKS5 works is crucial. Here’s a detailed guide to help you choose the right type of proxy and how SOCKS5 fits into this:

Types of Proxies

1. IPv4 Proxies:
    • Description: These proxies use the older and widely used IPv4 addressing scheme.
    • Use Case: Ideal for general web browsing, accessing restricted content, and most online tasks. IPv4 addresses are widely supported but are limited in number.
  2. IPv6 Proxies:
    • Description: These proxies use the newer IPv6 addressing scheme, which provides a much larger pool of unique addresses.
    • Use Case: Useful if you need to access resources that are only available over IPv6 or if you're dealing with a lot of connections that might exhaust IPv4 addresses.
  3. ISP Proxies:
    • Description: Provided by Internet Service Providers, these proxies appear as regular residential IP addresses.
    • Use Case: Typically used to avoid detection and blocks, as these proxies are less likely to be flagged as proxy IPs. They are usually more expensive but offer high reliability and authenticity.

SOCKS5 Proxies

SOCKS5 is a type of proxy protocol that can handle any type of traffic, not just HTTP or HTTPS. Here’s how it works:

• Protocol Flexibility: SOCKS5 supports various types of internet traffic, including TCP and UDP, making it versatile for different applications like web browsing, online gaming, and VoIP.
  • IP Version Compatibility: SOCKS5 can be used with both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, so you can select SOCKS5 proxies for either IP format depending on your needs.
  • Authentication: SOCKS5 supports various authentication methods, adding an extra layer of security.
  • UDP Support: It can handle UDP traffic, which is important for applications requiring low latency.

Making Your Choice

Here are some guidelines to help you choose:

• For general use and wide compatibility: Choose IPv4 SOCKS5 proxies. They are widely supported and will cover most of your needs.
  • If you need access to modern, IPv6-only resources or require a large number of unique addresses: Choose IPv6 SOCKS5 proxies. Ensure that your network and target resources support IPv6.
  • If you need high anonymity and reliability, especially for activities that might be blocked by typical datacenter IPs: Consider ISP SOCKS5 proxies. They provide residential IP addresses, making them harder to detect and block.

Summary

• IPv4 Proxies: Suitable for most general purposes.
  • IPv6 Proxies: Useful for accessing IPv6-only resources and handling large numbers of connections.
  • ISP Proxies: Best for high anonymity and avoiding detection.

SOCKS5 is a versatile protocol you can use with any of these proxy types, providing flexibility, security, and support for various types of internet traffic. Make your choice based on your specific needs, whether it's the type of IP address, the versatility of the SOCKS5 protocol, or the need for higher anonymity.

cheesycheese

Reaction score
When planning to use Proxy-Sale, understanding the different types of proxies and how SOCKS5 works is crucial. Here’s a detailed guide to help you choose the right type of proxy and how SOCKS5 fits into this:

Types of Proxies

1. IPv4 Proxies:
    • Description: These proxies use the older and widely used IPv4 addressing scheme.
    • Use Case: Ideal for general web browsing, accessing restricted content, and most online tasks. IPv4 addresses are widely supported but are limited in number.
  2. IPv6 Proxies:
    • Description: These proxies use the newer IPv6 addressing scheme, which provides a much larger pool of unique addresses.
    • Use Case: Useful if you need to access resources that are only available over IPv6 or if you're dealing with a lot of connections that might exhaust IPv4 addresses.
  3. ISP Proxies:
    • Description: Provided by Internet Service Providers, these proxies appear as regular residential IP addresses.
    • Use Case: Typically used to avoid detection and blocks, as these proxies are less likely to be flagged as proxy IPs. They are usually more expensive but offer high reliability and authenticity.

SOCKS5 Proxies

SOCKS5 is a type of proxy protocol that can handle any type of traffic, not just HTTP or HTTPS. Here’s how it works:

• Protocol Flexibility: SOCKS5 supports various types of internet traffic, including TCP and UDP, making it versatile for different applications like web browsing, online gaming, and VoIP.
  • IP Version Compatibility: SOCKS5 can be used with both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, so you can select SOCKS5 proxies for either IP format depending on your needs.
  • Authentication: SOCKS5 supports various authentication methods, adding an extra layer of security.
  • UDP Support: It can handle UDP traffic, which is important for applications requiring low latency.

Making Your Choice

Here are some guidelines to help you choose:

• For general use and wide compatibility: Choose IPv4 SOCKS5 proxies. They are widely supported and will cover most of your needs.
  • If you need access to modern, IPv6-only resources or require a large number of unique addresses: Choose IPv6 SOCKS5 proxies. Ensure that your network and target resources support IPv6.
  • If you need high anonymity and reliability, especially for activities that might be blocked by typical datacenter IPs: Consider ISP SOCKS5 proxies. They provide residential IP addresses, making them harder to detect and block.

Summary

• IPv4 Proxies: Suitable for most general purposes.
  • IPv6 Proxies: Useful for accessing IPv6-only resources and handling large numbers of connections.
  • ISP Proxies: Best for high anonymity and avoiding detection.

SOCKS5 is a versatile protocol you can use with any of these proxy types, providing flexibility, security, and support for various types of internet traffic. Make your choice based on your specific needs, whether it's the type of IP address, the versatility of the SOCKS5 protocol, or the need for higher anonymity.
Thank you very much for your answer! I will try with ISP.

Cloned Boy

Professional
Reaction score
ISP is an Internet service provider.
When choosing a proxy that works using the socks5 protocol, we must match the cardholder. That is, we must select a proxy by ISP, ZIP or cardholder’s city.