Wanting to make money on cryptocurrency, a resident of Terebovlyansk region lost more than 50 thousand hryvnias

Lord777

Professional
Reaction score
Fraudsters gained remote access to the woman's mobile phone and stole money from the banking application.

Employees of the police department No. 3 (Terebovlya) received a message from a resident of the community that unknown persons fraudulently stole more than 50 thousand hryvnias from her bank card.

According to the victim, in the social network, she found an ad about the possibility of part-time work by investing her own funds in cryptocurrency and returning them with interest. The woman was tempted by the offer. For a while, she invested certain amounts and made a profit. When I decided to withdraw my funds, I turned to my "employers"for help. They said that to do this, you need to install a special program on your phone. The woman followed all instructions and, as a result, fraudsters stole money from her account.

As it turned out, the scammers used a program that the woman installed on her mobile phone, gained access to her banking application and transferred money from there to their accounts.

The police conduct operational search activities to solve the crime.