USA Cable ISP Carded, Can they track location?

front2so

Carder
Reaction score
Hello, Just wanted to know if anyone knows the ins and outs of how a ISP works with tracking modems. So i registered a new docsis 3.0 modem to a USA cable provider and used a random address to register it under and random last four digits of SSN. I know modems can work anywhere that same cable company works even if its not in the same area as long as its from that same cable company but since i carded the service and am using it else where can they track my location? maybe by the signal and frequency? i know the modem just connects to a node that services that area its being used at but id really like to know if the company can find the exact location i connected the modem at to maybe try and get a search warrant.

Thanks.

front2so

Carder
Reaction score
Yes they can, the modems have mac addys and such.....

Yes i know the modem has a mac address, but do you think they would go through all that work to really track down the location? i think if they disable credit card payments for my account ill just buy another modem and card service again

G00DFELLA

Professional
Reaction score
Why take unnecessary risk?

front2so

Carder
Reaction score
Why take unnecessary risk?

Because the address on file with the ISP isnt the same as where im located. I tried this modem in 4 different locations and in different citys and it still works. It seems like they can track u down if where u were to put your exact address on file

WeeBay

Carder
Reaction score
I've been wondering the same thing. I use prepaid wifi devices with different addresses also. I hear they don't know exactly where you are at, but they can find you to close proximity or something. I guess it depends on if they want to find you bad enough.

gvsall

Reaction score
why don't you use wireless points? carding your modem should be the last thing ever crossed your mind

front2so

Carder
Reaction score
why don't you use wireless points? carding your modem should be the last thing ever crossed your mind

Because i use to use multiple haxorware modems at the same time before my isp got more secure and nothing happened then. Plus u get fresh ip address's from that isp when u change the mac address so carding ip sensitive sites was too easy. And its easy again with the carded modem that has none of my real info.

kurrupt

Carder
Reaction score
Your just bringing heat to yourself,

Reminded myself of one quote from one of my favorite movies HEAT.

'Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.'