truecrypt can really be to decipher it?

gee123

Professional
Reaction score
Recently, I saw the news, they said deciphering truecrypt only take a few minutes. I could not believe my glasses! Is this true?:eek:

cocktail

Professional
Reaction score
it is true for crypted partitions, because windows create a file called hyberfile.sys or something.
it gets created when you put ur computer on sleep or hybernate
with that file they can decrypt your crypted partitions

thats nothing new.
but true crypt cant be decrypted if u crypt entire system partition
and have password on boot time

there is also posibility that cops come with freezing gas and freeze your ram ( highly unlickely, but it is possible )

all decrypt problems happen because of windows OS
switch to linux and you wont have to worry

mexxu1

Carder
Reaction score
it is true for crypted partitions, because windows create a file called hyberfile.sys or something.
it gets created when you put ur computer on sleep or hybernate
with that file they can decrypt your crypted partitions

thats nothing new.
but true crypt cant be decrypted if u crypt entire system partition
and have password on boot time

there is also posibility that cops come with freezing gas and freeze your ram ( highly unlickely, but it is possible )

all decrypt problems happen because of windows OS
switch to linux and you wont have to worry
How about macOS, can truecrypt containers in macos can be decrypted in the same way ?

pocoy0

Professional
Reaction score
Recently, I saw the news, they said deciphering truecrypt only take a few minutes. I could not believe my glasses! Is this true?:eek:

please paste the link to this news...

cocktail

Professional
Reaction score
How about macOS, can truecrypt containers in macos can be decrypted in the same way ?

I have no idea, I only saw the problem with windows and it is all over internet
check with an expert and ask what files macos creates when u put pc to sleep
but im pretty sure youwill be safer with system crypt and not just containers
you always remain with unwanted offline/temp data from browsing etc, logs

GreenLine

Professional
Reaction score
Предотвращение утечек в файле hiberfil.sys
Выключено использование hiberfil.sys

Файл hiberfil.sys используется для возможности операционной системы Windows — Hibernate. Этот файл крайне опасен с точки зрения сохранения конфиденциальности данных, так как в него попадает полный образ оперативной памяти компьютера, в незашифрованном виде. Этот файл сохраняется на диске, на котором установлен Windows (часто — C:). Если вы не предпринимали шагов для выключения этого файла после установки Windows, то, скорее всего, этот файл включен и существует на вашем диске. Если вы его не видите, то для начала нужно настроить опции просмотра папок в Explorer, чтобы показывались системные файлы.

Крайне важно избавиться от этого файла. Это можно сделать в окне Power Options Properties (Питание). Чтобы зайти туда, откройте окно Display Properties (Свойства дисплея): правый клик на рабочем столе, Properties (Свойства). В этом окне нужно нажать кнопку Power (Питание) на вкладке Screen Saver. Таким образом вы попадаете в настройки питания — окно Power Options Properties. Избавиться от файла hiberfil.sys можно на вкладке Hibernate этого окна. Убедитесь, что поле Enable hibernation (Включить хибернацию) деактивировано.

Выйдите из настроек (OK) и перезагрузите компьютер. Проверьте, исчез ли файл hiberfil.sys. Иногда он все еще присутствует, в таком случае удалите его без возможности восстановления. Если были выполнены предыдущие шаги, он удалится без ошибок.

Preventing leaks in the file hiberfil.sys
Disable the use of hiberfil.sys

Hiberfil.sys file is used to allow the operating system Windows - Hibernate. This file is extremely dangerous in terms of confidentiality of data as it comes complete image of the computer's memory in an unencrypted form. This file is stored on the disk on which you installed Windows (often - C :). If you have not taken steps to stop this file after you install Windows, it is likely that this file is included and there is on your disk. If you do not see it, then you first need to configure the options folder view in Explorer, to show system files.

It is extremely important to get rid of this file. This can be done in the box Power Options Properties (Power). To go there, open the Display Properties (Display Properties): Right-click on the desktop, Properties (Properties). In this window, click the button Power (Power) on the tab Screen Saver. So you get into power settings - Window Power Options Properties. Get rid of the hiberfil.sys file can Hibernate tab of this window. Make sure that the Enable hibernation (Include hibernatsiyu) deactivated.

Leave the settings (OK), and reboot. Check whether the file has disappeared hiberfil.sys. Sometimes it is still present, in which case remove it permanently. If the previous steps have been performed, it is deleted without error.

220px-Windows_disable_hibernation.PNG

privileges

RIPPER
Reaction score

if you know how good use

Panther

Professional
Reaction score
That whole bs for hybernate file is a crap,the things you see in that tutorial or video is pure bullshit.that clip was made before truecrypt put the Whole System LockDown in Bios,so stop the DRAMA.....even that idiot tryin to crack with hybernate shit said...if hybernate is OFF in your PC or u have Reinstalled TC on your pc they can`t get nothing....so what are you people talkin here? Second ...there is the tehnique with RAM gettin info out of it,but WHO THE FUCK HAS THE TOOLS to use that on a carder computer?Stop Dreaming...Your not Chased.They catch you cause your Dumb,not Cause they are Smart.Look at the stings going down on forums,how they catch people?Then Question the Topics You See here starting to create Panic(check this part of forum and see ...topics like "Where LR comes From" ."How you make this or that").That`s their Modus Operandus.

heroin

Reaction score
switch to ubuntu, a user friendly linux distro, it's not vulnerable to viruses and you can always use virtualbox to run your windows app. truecrypt support full ubuntu system encryption without /boot partition.

pocoy0

Professional
Reaction score
heroin, is this very new truecrypt version? because as i know truecrypt does not suppor full disk encryption over linux...

anyway some linux distro's come with the option to be installed encrypted or you can always encrypt it manually with just a few commands...

KUB

Professional
Reaction score
i dont think truecrypt can be decrypted

Carder
Reaction score

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/22/technology/22chip.html?pagewanted=print&_r=0

Apple has had a FileVault disk encryption feature as an option in its OS X operating system since 2003. Microsoft added file encryption last year with BitLocker features in its Windows Vista operating system. The programs both use the federal government’s certified Advanced Encryption System algorithm to scramble data as it is read from and written to a computer hard disk. But both programs leave the keys in computer memory in an unencrypted form.

I hope this is helpful to you.

SKL0iS

Reaction score
Truecrypt cannot be decrypt unless you are using a weak password.

And for linux you can use luks.
It uses the same algorithms as truecrypt.