This is defintiely a game chager, especially for the skimmer crowd

umbakr

DEER
Reaction score
its a game changer because ..only people who works on skimmers and 3d designs of faces can understand why . So its like a private information :)

epicgoldz +1 for you

ruskovh

Carder
Reaction score
its a game changer because ..only people who works on skimmers and 3d designs of faces can understand why . So its like a private information :)

epicgoldz +1 for you

Peoples who work on skimmers and 3d do it already without 3d scanner :)

dum.ps

Seller of:,  Dumps
Reaction score
It's not game changer, Since the 3D files are In the wild and anyone can take photo and redesigned it but It's an advantage for skimmers building that's for sure.

rodney

Professional
Reaction score
ye i dont know about game changer bro but yes it is very interesting
as far as i know people are doing this already
im sure i seen a couple of threads here about people offering the service
non verified so be careful
but yes this method of 3D printer design is being used already
but hey anyone that takes the time to share info thats cool in my eyes
that is what this forum is here for so thanks

kojax

Carder
Reaction score
ye i dont know about game changer bro but yes it is very interesting
as far as i know people are doing this already
im sure i seen a couple of threads here about people offering the service
non verified so be careful
but yes this method of 3D printer design is being used already
but hey anyone that takes the time to share info thats cool in my eyes
that is what this forum is here for so thanks

Very true on the sharing part....

TheRayMan

Professional
Reaction score
This is not as cool as you guys think for what "we" need. clay and plastic resin and a dial caliper or buying the physical bezels are the best ways i have seen and i have a scanner of my own, when i purchased it I thought it would be great as opposed to measuring by hand, its not. they dont export as solid bodies, even professional ones, they all use dot matrix clouds or stereo lithography layering upon export. this is no good for us since we need to do alot more than scan and print. its just not a probable use with how the technology is.

also, there will never be a 3d printing revolution, we use this technology and so do artists and rich hobbiests that are great at technology, not the general public, they are too dumb. its not like a normal printing, most people cant create there own files. and even if they could 90% would never have anything useful to print. or atleast anything useful enough to justify the pricetag. im a big tech guy and have had 3 printers in total in the past few years. they are getting better and better. but after having one, i see most people would have no use for one, so they need to stop talking about this 3d-printing revolution. the consumers they would want to target are just too, dumb and consumed with things like facebook and lady gaga to care about something this important and revolutionary.

one of the best ways to succeed with bezels is own your own printer and take measurements the old fashioned way because of the low error tolerance. and dont get me wrong, i love printers and scanners, but they will always be reserved for technology gurus, criminals, artists and businesses with money to blow. they are a luxury.

pi9xxx

Carder
Reaction score
They guys allready making a guns , if you type at google you will find info about that, gun can make at least 2 shoots , there was some kid who made riffle after last big shooting in USa and show to journalist that he made gun via 3D and shoot twice from that gun. No one is safe right now , u can make plastic gun and take it to eirope in plane ))

only second thing , i thing 3d files is like wild cards , who have dont gonna share ...

TheRayMan

Professional
Reaction score
pi9xx:

this is great as a proof of concept but it is nothing that can be used in the real world. nobody i have seen has printed a full gun, only the regulated firing mechanism. this is one of the cheapest parts of the gun but it is regulated, u still need every other part for the gun to be any more than a useless hunk of plastic. the media just exaggerates this like everything else. no criminal would ever have a use for a 3d printer if they want guns. you can buy any gun or piece off a gun offline with or without a permit at low prices just like you can buy dumps here. so nobody is going to spend money on pretty much a full gun without the firing mechanism and then another $2k minimum on a printer to have a gun that shoots 1 or 2 times.

i think this is amazing and 3d printing is some of the best tech i have ever used, the fact a firing mechanism can be printed is a great thing but it is completely ridiculous that somebody thinks this would be a way for criminals to get access to guns. maybe a full gun has been printed but its probably better to make a gun from a pipe a nail and a rubberband then one made with a 3d printer, its like saying you can make a house with paper, sure you could but nobody should ever do it, there are much better and cheaper ways to make a house.

i am sorry if i sound very negative on all this but most of this stuff comes from people who have never even been within 1000 miles of a printer or even seen an object that has been printed, and they think of it as this ground breaking technology, its a few motors with a modified hot glue gun on it essentially. the printers dont perform miracles, its like a computer, the printer is only as good as the person using it.

but thank you for posting this link, i think its a great thing, but it should not be exaggerated by the media and people without real knowledge on this technology.

Last edited:

epicgodz

Professional
Reaction score
yeah I agree with you rayman, i dont think the scanner could get all the measurements exactly but it sounds pretty cool that makerbot is making something that could be affordable by the average joe. I have a makerbot but I dont mess with skimming at all, I use it for other things, mainly hydroponic grow room projects I work on. I plan on picking the scanner up when its available to the public to mess around with it.

Ninja

Reaction score
Thanx for sharing but its not that BIG gun right now. :)