The user lost his bitcoins because of the keys generator

Carding

Professional
Reaction score
The R/JDMCNAIR user collided with a theft of $ 3000 in Bitcoin from a paper wallet after using the key generator.

The owner asked the experts to explain how it became possible.

3274289096.png

“I kept non - kastodically - I generated a private key and printed it on paper on an autonomous computer. I placed in a safe, the key to which only I have. I believed that this is one of the safest ways, ”the user explained.

The victim of the attackers added that he used the service Walletgenerator.net. Commentators noticed that the community indicated the vulnerability of the aforementioned generator.

In an interview with Cointelegraph, the Security Director of Certik Hugh Brooks said that users should think twice before using such services.

According to the expert, such online edging generators have recently been used as a hacking tool.

“The website mentioned in the message returns the IP address in Russia. The Criminal IP tool says that several messages about abuse have been submitted for this resource, ”he explained.

Brooks emphasized that since 2019, paper wallet generators contain serious vulnerabilities. Walletgenerator.net probably issued "the same keys to different users."

The expert advised as an alternative to use hardware wallets.