The cars are coming

Jollier

Professional
Reaction score
Introduction
Remember the company OpenAi, which was once partially owned by Elon Musk, and now found itself in the hands of the sinister chipmaker Billy gates. Initially, the company was conceived as a completely open and non-profit organization, which was supposed to become the main accelerator in the field of AI. But after the transition of OpenAI under the leadership of the evil corporation, the company's policy turned 360 degrees and most of the advanced developments of the platform were classified as "top secret".

8oc7g9innn4_n6mg0ryidnqzz7e.gif

What is it?
This is a neural network, or if you want an algorithm called GPT-3, which at this stage can perform very well one single task - to process text. It would seem that this is revolutionary? Computers have been able to work with text almost from the very moment of their creation. But the key question here is not what, but how? Let's say you asked such a GPT - 3: "Who will be the next President of USA"? He will answer you - Baiden. Okay, I agree, a bad example. So, everyone knows that. Then here's another one. You ask yourself this: "What happens if you have sex with the opposite sex"?

gpt-3-humanoid-in-making.jpg

What can it do?
And now he can do a lot. Remember in the video about AI, I told you that neural networks can now write not only songs and paintings, but also poems. So all these artificial poets work on GPT-3 or its older versions. Fortunately, if you are a normal office with sound ideas, the API can still be knocked out. But poems are honestly garbage, who needs them? But automatically generated articles-it sounds more interesting. For example, relatively recently GPT-3 wrote an article on the topic "Why people should not be afraid of robots" and not just for anyone, but for the Guardian.

Panchin: If a scientist wants to find a cure for old age, which genes should they study first?

GPT-3: If a scientist wants to find a cure for old age, the best genes to study would be SIRT1, FOXO3, and BDNF.

User: Elevator maintenance Guys, what's the strangest thing you've ever found at the bottom of an Elevator shaft?

Bot: the First thing that comes to mind is the recent discovery of a colony of people who live in Elevator shafts under buildings. For sociologists and anthropologists, this was an amazing find that revealed more about human culture than ever was possible before... (Yes, examples are taken from the Wiki because I was too lazy to Google)

high-angle-photo-of-robot-2599244-scaled.jpg

The prospects
If you are a smart guy, then I think you are already guaranteed to have a brain dump. For those who do not understand why GPT-3 is so important, I will explain. The fact that AI has learned to understand the meaning of text (albeit based on a lot of data) is a huge step towards creating artificial life - that is, an AI that will be as close as possible to a person in terms of awareness. GPT-3 is exactly the thing that is most likely to make people completely helpless and incapable of anything in the next 10 to 20 years. Why? Yes, because he will simply do absolutely all the intellectual work for us.