Setting up Zeus 2.0.8.9 on localhost

johnni_doe

Reaction score
Hello, venerable carders.

I assume that with the leak of the Zeus 2.0.8.9 source code many have attempted to play with the code. For many of us it makes no sense to buy expensive bullet-proof hosting services before we have a working and fully undetectable Zeus binary configured to work with our specific IP address. I have attempted to set up a typical web server on my computer and see if Zeus 2.0.8.9 source code can produce anything workable. So far I have been unsuccessful. The produced binary seems to infect the computer but it does not show up in the control panel for some reason.

I suggest we join forces together and share ideas to produce something that will be of benefit to everyone here on the forum.

So, my setup is as follows:

Zeus 2.0.8.9 source code + included builder
WAMP server (MySQL+PHP+Apache)
Zend Optimizer module
VMWare running Windows XP Pro.
Firefox browser

I installed the Wamp server inside the VMWare machine and put it online. (You might have to be connected to the internet or your router to be able to browse to the 127.0.0.1 interface. I think this is some WAMP peculiarity) Next, I copied the ZeuS control panel files on the server, puting everything in a separate folder, so that the address of the control panel is http://127.0.0.1/zeus/cp.php

I then proceeded to set up the MySQL database for the botnet. Once that was done I installed the controll panel by following the instructions of the install script. The encryption key was 123456. The installation completed successfully without any errors.

The next step was to build the binary file. I reconfigured the config.bin file to force the bot to connect to http://127.0.0.1/zeus/gate.php and look for the config file in http://127.0.0.1/zeus/config.bin. The encryption key was again 123456 to mach the one from the control panel. The build completed successfully. I then executed the new bot file on the computer. It just dissapeard from its location folder. Computer infected!!! (I ran a virus scan later on and it reported the Zeus variant running on the computer) But then when I go to the control panel there is nothing there. I tried to reboot the computer to see if it finally shows up in the control panel, but without success. I also played with the settings in the panel to display the behind NAT/outside NAT, online/offline bots settings. But again without success.

So far I am stuck. The problem may lie in my particular setup being on localhost or the fact that I have both the contol server and the infected machine is one and the same computer.

Can anyone share some ideas? I intend on putting more information here in this thread as I progress towards a working Zeus setup a.k.a. public variant.

Rome0

lame !!

Cod4g3

BANNED
Reaction score
Please note, if you want to make a deal with this user, that it is blocked.
This Zeus You Have Is Backdoored...Go In Builder And Press Kill Bot,If This Dosen't kill it,then your zeus is backdoored 100 % and .exe is in builder.

I Can Compare My Zeus,To Your Zeus And See Difference
I Even Played With Codes And Now I Have The Most Complete One,Many Members Here Can Proove My talk

:)

johnni_doe

Reaction score
UPDATE: I tried running the builder on the infected machine to detect and possibley disable the bot, as Cod4g3 istructed me, but the builder doesn't detect anything.

After running the builder on the infected machine, the antivirus scan stopped detecting the bot at all. So I conclude that Cod4g3's assumption was right - the builder file is backdoored.

I am sending the sampe of my bot, builder and config to Cod4ge to see if my files are really backdoored. Will keep everyone updated....

Rome0

Seller of:,  Dumps
Reaction score
please somebody can close this shit ?
@ all :
Zeus !! forget that !!

mabrouka

BANNED
Reaction score
@Rome0,
What are you saying ?
Why close it ?

You only need to get good installs,
Not like some others, :):):)

You will be fine,
Bless,

Rome0

Seller of:,  Dumps
Reaction score
The Famous "Mabrouka " :D
Nice ratio of post / day ;) but 99.99% of them are usefull !

mabrouka

BANNED
Reaction score
@Rome0,
At least im not selling shitty installs,
But ur still a cool and a funny guy,
:):):)

Bless my brother,

Last edited: