Secret Auth Codes

Kelix

Professional
Reaction score
Well recently I got a few Amex dumps and they were all "CALL FOR AUTH".

I went into a computer store and passed first one, call for auth, so I said ill call my bank and come back. So since all my Amex plastics were the same (different numbers), I went back in 15 minutes later and said I called the bank and everything. He swiped the second dumps and still call for auth. I made a scene cursing at the bank and since he believed me, he told me usually for Visa and Mastercard they use a secret auth that will let the transaction through.

He entered it (I memorized it) and it worked also for Amex surprisingly: Approved.

So I have a few questions concerning these:

1. Are these secret auth codes different for each store? Does it come with a merchant account or something?

2. Are there any more of these? Maybe a private list of them somewhere?

I was just wondering about it because if this secret auth code works for a whole area, then no more will Call for Auth cards be wasted.

banana1

Professional
Reaction score
From what i understand , i think your talking about code 10. Which means cashier needs to physically call for auth ( probably due to high fraud in that store ). When they do theres 2 options:

1: They speak to a live agent from the merchant company
2: They call and its a robot machine talking asking to enter the card number and give an approval code over the phone.

hope it helped

maxinice

Professional
Reaction score
In eu when a card it's call for auth i do like this, i press validate on POS, enter a random 4 digits pin and press validate again, card will be approved even in amounts over the limit normally, like a usa classic 800-1K swipe.

The thing is that it works only whit individual POS machines, the wireless ones that they put it on the desk and u swipe alone the card, so u can do this thing and cashier won't even see it was call for auth will think that u entered pin and this will make transaction even more realistic :D

In bigger stores this won't work because the pos where u swipe card is connected to the pos of cashier, this means only cashier can do operations. Sometimes they are so bored they continue abusing validate key and card goes through, but this is rarely.

Another thing that happened in eu for me, sometimes i got a declined,cashier didn't see the card well so when he see it sayed oo why you didn't tell it's american expres ( here all cards without chip are called amex :) ) so basically he sayed wait i change for amex transaction and guess what: Approved. So i think sometimes, very rare though, cards don't pass because of cashiers. Again when i read some tickets it write on it emv transaction, this means is 201 cip card even if me i swiped 101 usa dumps, so yea it's strange.

Kelix

Professional
Reaction score
In eu when a card it's call for auth i do like this, i press validate on POS, enter a random 4 digits pin and press validate again, card will be approved even in amounts over the limit normally, like a usa classic 800-1K swipe.

The thing is that it works only whit individual POS machines, the wireless ones that they put it on the desk and u swipe alone the card, so u can do this thing and cashier won't even see it was call for auth will think that u entered pin and this will make transaction even more realistic :D

In bigger stores this won't work because the pos where u swipe card is connected to the pos of cashier, this means only cashier can do operations. Sometimes they are so bored they continue abusing validate key and card goes through, but this is rarely.

Another thing that happened in eu for me, sometimes i got a declined,cashier didn't see the card well so when he see it sayed oo why you didn't tell it's american expres ( here all cards without chip are called amex :) ) so basically he sayed wait i change for amex transaction and guess what: Approved. So i think sometimes, very rare though, cards don't pass because of cashiers. Again when i read some tickets it write on it emv transaction, this means is 201 cip card even if me i swiped 101 usa dumps, so yea it's strange.

No, what happened with your story is that some POS terminals (specially ones connected to computer) ask what type of card it is.

Visa, MC, Amex, Debit or Gift Card (yes, gift card is seperate).

So in order to process an Amex card, if you choose Visa, it will not go through. But cashier has to ask you what type of payment you are using all the time +card type.

Kelix

Professional
Reaction score
From what i understand , i think your talking about code 10. Which means cashier needs to physically call for auth ( probably due to high fraud in that store ). When they do theres 2 options:

1: They speak to a live agent from the merchant company
2: They call and its a robot machine talking asking to enter the card number and give an approval code over the phone.

hope it helped

Sorry for grave-digging but I would really appreciate further answers concerning this.

If I get Call for Auth and it's case #2, does it mean the robot machine only acts as a "checker" from the same area? Most of the time it's case #1 and Decline.

abba

Professional
Reaction score
I HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS ALSO ,CALL FOR AUTH IN USA AND WHEN THAT POPS UP IF U CAN GET THE CASHIER TO JUST TYPE "ANY" 4 NUMBERS AND TRANSACTION WILL GO THROUGH. FOR EXAMPLE "OH MY AUTH CODE IS 123"

sodiqdave01

RIPPER
Reaction score
Hey bro

Hey bro,

I saw your post on carder.market. I am interested to work with you so lets chat and seal things up. Get back with your ICQ or Yahoo in your message. Thanks and God bless. Sawdiq Dave

mefix

No comments