mac address

madmax93

Carder
Reaction score
hi there
i want to know if its possible to change the mac address of an netbook running under w7.
I know its possible under linux, but i use my new netbook with backtrack for cracking wifi and windows7 for the rest.

I've tried many soft , but none works.

Is it dangerous to go on internet without changing mac address if the laptop is stolen ?
Thanks

gagan

Professional
Reaction score
Try to change MAC address from REGEDIT. I know that wirks with winxp. but the platform is the same so u can try. also if your network card support custom MAC string u can change directly from properties

madmax93

Carder
Reaction score
registry modifying in seven dont work... i think i'm gonna install xp...

beefi

Reaction score
here is the solution my friend. i will help you.

windows 7 has a weird bug in it so you can only change the mac to mac's starting with: 12:

so you can go online and search for any mac address spoofer and just make sure the first digits are 12:

madmax93

Carder
Reaction score
hi man, you helped me for half.
It only work with windows XP driver. So you must uninstalling driver, install win xp drivers, and changing mac address work great .
Thanks so

hellroot

BANNED
Reaction score
Please note, if you want to make a deal with this user, that it is blocked.
i use smac professional but for my windows xp
cya

power

Carder
Reaction score
May be stupid question, but why change mac address if laptop is not linked to you in anyway? if bought laptop cash, what does mac address have to do with tracing? Is it linkled to an ip address? Even though, one should never use ones real ip right??

sa3er

Professional
Reaction score
disable java then you don't need to change mac as they can't look up. (java plugin no javascript ...)

Arkos

Carder
Reaction score
MAC is only relevant on the local network. If your using other peoples wireless, sure change it but otherwise it's not an issue.

markusss

DEER
Reaction score
yes smac i great . .. and also u can check the new mac adress in start menu>cmd> ipconfig/all
and than look for phsyhical adres this is your new mac ;)

fask3y

RIPPER
Reaction score
try using a tool called Mac Makeup. it should solve the problem. also start the address from 12 XX XX XX XX XX

turbobox

Professional
Reaction score
I recommend using Technitium MAC Address Changer. Just google it.
Works perfect even on Windows 7. It will spoof the mac address to anything random, or you can specify any address yourself.

lotoflaf

RIPPER
Reaction score
changeing mac is basicly about modyfi system registry.

oggward

Carder
Reaction score
yes ofc u can, look at my post at "carding software" :)