I need a cheap (Brand new) Plastic card printer

n0thing

DEER
Reaction score
Hi , i need a cheap and brand new plastic card printer , know where i can get one ?

SoIcy

Carder
Reaction score
It really depends on what you are using the card printer for. If you are just printing IDs then you can use an Epson R280 with a card tray. If you are trying to print a card that you are going to emboss and tip. I don't think the Epson R280 will be good enough.

SoIcy

Carder
Reaction score
If you want to print your own IDs for many states the Epson R280 works great. Your average citizen doesn't know the difference between printed PVC and laminated teslin anyway.

If you are serious about this as a business I would just print IDs on the R280 and buy cards and have them encoded by the seller. Or spend your money on a msr 206 instead. Once you start making money then you can afford better equipment. You know what they say: you have to spend money to make money. Prisons are full of people that cut corners and wanted to save $100.

I know it is hard to save money for expensive equipment and take things slow but believe me it is worth it.

sptr

Carder
Reaction score
so i can print plastic with the r280?

do i need a special print program?
do i need a special card tray like THIS

frankiewld

VIP member
Reaction score
If I print on a blank pvc card with magstripe with epson r280, quality will be good? Or look blurred? Maybe need special cards like teslin?

SoIcy

Carder
Reaction score
The Epson R280 prints onto PVC cards there is no need to use Teslin and lamination.

To print onto PVC cards with the R280 you do need a tray as sptr pointed out.