How to print ID/DL [Samples]

Veeker

Professional
Reaction score
Hey, serious question wich will be very helpfull for me and maibye i will give some $$ who help me :)

I need to print fake ids/dls from LT/EE/LV counties.
I need them to have clearly quality and holos etc.
I need to know what equipment to buy, what printers etc.
I give u sample here to let you know abt what im talkin:

atk2003aversas.gif

atk2003reversas.gif

i35nxo198.gif

iw0ct4197.gif

images

vpreversas.gif

Kat0k

Carder
Reaction score
Printing:
I advise using high resolution photo printer and print onto teslin or artysin (obviously using high resolution template in first place)

Holos:
For this type of holos (3D) you are best off finding a china supplier who will make them to you on full sheet laminate or butterfly pouches (I advise full sheet).
2D are not hard to make at home with a little bit of experimenting, use pearl-ex pigments for that.

good luck ;)

TIP: Go with some easier stuff for start (for e.g. Latvian DL very easy) as LT DL and ID will be pain in the ass to color match for perfect results :D

Last edited:

SaizKan224

Professional
Reaction score
For paper style stuff you can use teslin/artsyn, but for the ID with the chip you will need a cardprinter like a fargo, zebra, evolis etc.

Veeker

Professional
Reaction score
Thank you guys for replies, but i need correct answer :) What to buy to print these docs i showed u :) Printer brand and model, stuff to make holos(model, brand), paper types etc. :) who help me with that i can even pay ya ;)

SaizKan224

Professional
Reaction score
Cardprinter: Fargo hdp5000 is a good choice, because it has uv ribbon and will print uv together with normal color

Holos: Get real documents and cut out the part you want and send it to chinese holo facory, they will make you overlays at reasonable low price. But most of the time the minimum quantity will be 1000 pieces and more.
But if the hologram is protected by a layer of plastic overlamiate they cant copy it.
They need to have access to the hologram directly.

Engravement: Get a laser engraver. You can get this online and they range from 500 bucks up to a few thousand a piece. Dont rly know much about em coz I never had one.

Glossy and shiny crap: You can get monochrome metallic/shiny/glossy-ish ribbons for some card printers. Just some cheaper models will do, dont need to have retransfer.
Also some of these have flip flop colors.

reptile

Reaction score
to print the ids you have shown examples of, it's a multi-step process. the very first thing you need to do is create templates via photoshop or illustrator. all three ids you are trying to duplicate are all on polycarbonate stock.

polycarbonate stock is not regular pvc, the background print is actually in the plastic and not on the plastic. cards, regardless of material are printed in layers, thin sheets of material are laminated together to desired thickness and are cut, the cut is known as punch cut. polycarbonate is unique in its durability and sound (which is a security feature of many international ids and ids made of this material) when laminated. in addition, with polycarbonate stock, you can create features such as clear windows and see through images.

because of the uniqueness of polycarbonate stock, it is advise, once you have the templates (remember to include UV images), to go to an overseas manufacturer and get these custom printed -- leave the variable data (the data that changes) out. it is not economical to print these one by one, and sourcing the material would also be a bit difficult.

as far as the printing of the variable data goes, get a laser printer that is designed for card printing with a user interface. the lcp-9000 by edi secure comes to mind. these printers have a user interface and are pre-configured to interact with polycarbonate stock. the advantage of such printers is that it enables you to create images that change based on angle and also tactile feel characters. all laser images are black and white, this is based on the reaction of the laser and the polycarbonate stock. often times, because it's cheaper, people print this type of data with a re-transfer printer (hdp 5000), but it truly is not close to a real laser print, in addition, a re-transfer printer cannot duplicate security features such as tactile feel and changing images.

as far as holograms go, you will also have to have a template done and bring it to a hologram manufacturer. you should be able to get this accomplished with whomever you are deciding to make your card stock with. you can get the holograms as a PayPaler form or laminate. lamination best replicates what you are trying to go for. you can either choose a manual laminator or a laminator that takes rolls, it's all really up to you on how you want this manufactured.

with all these steps, you should be able to sufficiently have a id that is 90%+ accurate.

if you want to go cheap, you can just get white pvc, a decent template and print via a re-transfer printer. but if you are trying to use it in country, i highly doubt it will pass. as a person who prints novelties, i can clearly tell the difference between a pvc card and a polycarbonate card. and anyone who has seen both, should be able to as well.

slacker

Vendor of:,  Plastics and IDS
Reaction score
when you need custom holos done, let me know. However it will be a large upfront cost to have the master holo moulds made. And you will have a couple thousand holos sitting on your desk. And this wont be cheap.