From Canada, Caught in the USA

AriGold

Professional
Reaction score
So.. long story short

2 of my buddies from Canada got caught in California cashing out. They were caught with 20k cash, and 150 cards on them.

According to the people they wer staying with, the cops were following them for a while before they pulled them over.

To make matters worse, they had a trunk full of LV/Prada/Gucci products which were also confiscated.

My question is what is to be expected now? Judge is asking for a COMPLETELY unreasonable $1,000,000 USD for bail.

-They both have no family in the states, so would they be allowed to travel back to Canada if they were released? or is this another reason to keep them locked up?

- If convicted (and they probably will be considering the amount of evidence they have against them) How much time are they looking at?

Ninja

Reaction score
Too much question which nobudy except local authorities will answer.
:(

But $1m 4 bail - big shot.

Reaction score
you got some noobs working your cashout thats why you in the mess for 1 idk where you gonna bail these guys out good luck bigshot
but so sad for them

---------- Сообщение добавлено в 12:14 PM ---------- Предыдущее сообщение размещено в 12:09 PM ----------

you got some noobs working your cashout thats why you in the mess for 1 idk where you gonna bail these guys out good luck bigshot
but so sad for them

AriGold

Professional
Reaction score
Im not too sure.. I checked the LASD inmate search website... and all it was able to tell me was that it was a Felony charge level, and their bail amount.

Is there any other way to find out? (i mean other then by contacting them)

TheIlluminati

Carder
Reaction score
It is a state charge for now if it gets federal it won't be on LAPD website. Good luck 1 million bail is too much for this like they commited murder or something. If its first offense they probably take a plea and do 1-3 years or deported after a year but it depends how much evidence they have and maybe prosecutors want trial without a plea if so they are looking at some time.

Last edited:

krylon

Carder
Reaction score
cali has some really lax laws on this. a few people i know got caught and after investigation they each had bought over 80k of apple products. Bail was really high at first, then after, it went down to the normal 20k. Bailed out, got same punishment as everyone else I know who got busted for way lesser charge.. Probation.

go figure..

second time though, that's automatic 16months.

---------- Сообщение добавлено в 01:34 AM ---------- Предыдущее сообщение размещено в 01:30 AM ----------

don't think they're that noobish, if they already cashed 20k,and still had a trunk full of shit to cash?

Just bad luck. Cali is a really hot place to work at. I think we have the highest fraud rate. By the way you're not invincible yourself buddy. Everyone has their time. Some people last longer than others..

million dollar bail is not impossible to cash, it's like 100k...
and if they were cashing like that on their trips, I don't think it would be a problem if they hid their money. And I don't suspect this was their first time either.

QUOTE=lovethisshit;243618]you got some noobs working your cashout thats why you in the mess for 1 idk where you gonna bail these guys out good luck bigshot
but so sad for them

---------- Сообщение добавлено в 12:14 PM ---------- Предыдущее сообщение размещено в 12:09 PM ----------

but so sad for them[/QUOTE]

yggshine

RIPPER
Reaction score
lol first i know is state because feds dont give bail
sec tell them on they bond hairing wave they rights next leave usa dont come back
and now they good home free

theftmaster

VIP member
Reaction score
Too much question which nobudy except local authorities will answer.
:(

But $1m 4 bail - big shot.

US bails laws are stupid you can get a million bail based on carding as you have found out.

State or Federal is the main questions you need to ask.

The facts its a million bail i am guessing State which is not unusual in the US in fact its best if its stays State asthe Feds will do them at least 5 plus k,were as in State it could be as low as a year.

I would say no bail as no ties to the community and so forth.

Yea send your boys some money to get a lawyer and take it from there.

No they ain't seeing the day light for a while....

---------- Сообщение добавлено в 12:25 AM ---------- Предыдущее сообщение размещено в 12:15 AM ----------

lol first i know is state because feds dont give bail
sec tell them on they bond hairing wave they rights next leave usa dont come back
and now they good home free

WTF of course Feds give bail every day the week.

The main difference is when the Feds hit you they usually have a case and bail is paid direct to the court as a percentage of the case and you end up seeing pre trial while on bail. I have ever heard such a stupid statement of course in Federal court you can get bail in all US courts if you are from say Canada and have no ties to the US bail is very hard to get. The average person can get bail it depends on the case the amount the court want the risk of fleeing ect.

State is all bails bonds men who take a percentage to get you out that you lose when the case is over a fee in effect. If you run they lose the whole bail amount and come after you.

Your buds could have that bail reduced and than pay a bonds man to get out that do able they need a lawyer to get on this is the only way forward.

You can call the Cali system and get all the info you need on the case.

AriGold

Professional
Reaction score
Just as an update as to what is going on in my friends case....

He has been given the option to plead it out, and get a year total. The total time can be reduced by the deadtime he's already serving inside pre-trial.

However, the lawyer remanded it for another month (to early aug.) to work out a better deal.

There has already been a $15k payment made out to the lawyers, but seems lik they could care less about my friend (based on their actions and nonchalance attitude).

AriGold

Professional
Reaction score
* * * * Final Update on my friend * * * *
----------------------------------------------
So on Aug 11th, my buddy was sentenced to another 6 months. He has been incarcerated since June 8th, and considering the amount of evidence he was caught with 6 months in America is a bargain.

However, the next question is... Since the data was all from Canada, when he returns back here, can he be arrested again?