jsmith77

Professional
Reaction score
Ok, so I was having a PM convo with:

============
lala
============

The discussion was about:
If ATMs are capable of reading the embossed characters on the surface of the card.

I have never heard of an ATM that can do that or a reason for doing this. Reading the Magstripe or Chip, of course. But reading the embossed characters on the plastic?

I always thought the embossed characters on the card were more for online, telephone, manual processing methods. (aka: Card Not Present Transactions)

ATM being a Card Present Transaction, it doesn't make sense.

Also some cards do not have embossed characters, so then what?
I think, lala (Senior Member) is wrong on this subject...

Can anyone can shed some light, on such a noob topic? :)

Rome0

Seller of:,  Dumps
Reaction score
They exist 2 type of ATM over the world .

-ATM with EMV :
Read Magstripe and confirm the Original card with Chip on 201,221,226 .But Atm read first track on Magstripe , and Only check the chip ( if they read =XXXX2XXX on magstripe ) .
This is reason why when u try entered 201 card dumps into ATM emv , dumps was pull out only after Pin entered and desired amount chosen and not at start :)

-ATM without EMV :
Just Read Data from Magstripe . Dont care if 201/101 code card . Cant read Chip .

Card Number embossed/write on Card was used only for Manual & Online transaction into format CC+EXP+CVV ( Hotel ,phone order , car rental ... )

Last edited:

xcrax11

Professional
Reaction score
"But reading the embossed characters on the plastic?" ATM dont read char, only works with the chip... very dumb Qsss

OqilOqilov

BANNED
Reaction score
Please note, if you want to make a deal with this user, that it is blocked.
Yes this is not possible ever. TBH only real purpose of embossed was for making inprint in card present transactions when not able to swipe.

jsmith77

Professional
Reaction score
Yes, dumb question indeed.

I only ask to confirm. It was Senior Member "lala", that was telling me that ATM can read emboss characters.

Which i found to be very funny, so i posted a thread for all to discuss.:D

============================================
PM Message below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith77
You are wrong bro.

ATMs can NOT read the embossed numbers. Only magstripe and chip data.

lala Response:
nah, bro. I know, I have friends who operate on atm's.

elcharro

Carder
Reaction score
never heard of an atm doing that, maybe because it does not exist "yet"
having said that there was a few pos machines a long time ago and I only
saw them in a music store and never again that would run the card by taking it
inside the pos and at bthe same time it would take an imprint of the card, so
they would have regular authorization and they had the imprint of the card at the
same time, don't know if I explained myself right but that was the only time I saw that machine never again. Good day to all.

lala

Professional
Reaction score
i Have spoken to a man who operates with banks, educates their employees about card issuance, repairs datacards, hdp's, fargos... He is also the author of RainCode software... to explain how old he is... He told me himself that he has encountered an atm that does this.

Should you not believe me, I really don't care. I am still sleeping well at night.... clearly you aren't.

jsmith77

Professional
Reaction score
i Have spoken to a man who operates with banks, educates their employees about card issuance, repairs datacards, hdp's, fargos... He is also the author of RainCode software... to explain how old he is... He told me himself that he has encountered an atm that does this.

Should you not believe me, I really don't care. I am still sleeping well at night.... clearly you aren't.

=======================================
Just a discussion, It just doesn't make sense why.

ATM's are Card Present Transactions, no need to read Card Not Present Data.

OqilOqilov

BANNED
Reaction score
Please note, if you want to make a deal with this user, that it is blocked.
it also is not physically easy to do that, anyways I cashout d+p and never seen such a thing.

Ninja

Reaction score
Another "rumour" from person who doesnt have any strong relationship with "real" bus.
Same as "atm discover WHITE plastic and doesnt accept it".
:)

elcharro

Carder
Reaction score
Another "rumour" from person who doesnt have any strong relationship with "real" bus.
Same as "atm discover WHITE plastic and doesnt accept it".
:)

LOL! somebody actually said that?

legone

Reaction score
ATM DOES READ EMBOSSED CHARACTER, ONE TIME, AFTER NO SUCCESSFUL WITHDRAW (WITH ENCODED TRACK 2)AT ATM, I PRINT THE RECEPIT, AND THE EMBOSSED NUMBER WAS ON THE RECEIPT

procarder386

Carder
Reaction score
I cant believe this people what the hell are they doing here seriously

p3rito

Professional
Reaction score
There's some kind of people in internet business (carding) that the best thing they do is spread rumours. Because in fact, this is good for their business many times. For example, if some guy is cashing out and making good profit into ATMs, using blank cards, without any emboss, and someone ask something like: 'Ohh, I heard that some ATM's are able to see if the card is blank and block transaction, so we need to emboss all our cards'... If this rumour start getting 'true' proportions other people, maybe all over the world, who could try the same scheme as him to cashout blank card in ATM and make good profit, they will just get lazy and give up because heard in some forum of criminals in internet, that blank cards is impossible to use... So I see, some members here, sell dumps for example, or work with dumps. So they keep saying things like: 'Oh, to work with POS and memory dumper, is like 1% work good'... But in fact, they know that's just a lie, but is better this way, because other people will just believe them and think: well, dumps hacking is dead, only masters can do it....