ATM Skimmers in the Wild

Sir

BANNED
Reaction score
It is estimated that annual losses from ATM fraud totaled about $1 billion in 2008, or about $350,000 each day. Card skimming, where one affixes a bogus card reader on top of the real reader, accounts for more than 80 percent of ATM fraud worldwide.

Below are some pictures and descriptions of a few skimmers found in the wild:

lmskim1.jpg

A skimmer that easily fits over the card reader slot.

lmskim2.jpg

A skimming panel that fits entirely over an ATM console.

lmyellowskim1.jpg

An overlay used to capture PIN. Attached and detached.

lmyellowskim2.jpg

A closeup and inside picture of a removed skimmer.

lmskim3.jpg

This one was found at a bank that requires the customer to swipe the card before entering the lobby. As you can see it isn't as sneaky as some of the others lol.

lmpincapture.jpg

Another PIN pad capture device pulled back to reveal legitimate console and numbers.

lmpinhole.jpg

Very sneaky ;).

lmwinatm5.jpg

By the end of 2004 it was reported that 70% of all new ATMs shipped worldwide were Windows based systems.

lmwinatm4.jpg

Now, with the turn to 2010 in our wake, it is estimated that over 90% of all ATMs operating today are doing so on a variation of Windows.

Hope to inspire some talk of ATMS and skimming logistics in this thread. Cheers.

Edit: if you like my post a +rep would be some encouragement -__-

Last edited:

Templar

RIPPER
Reaction score
Way better decrypting the log files, than skimming ATMs these days. That's so old skool :p

If anyone has insider access to any atm, let me know.

bornkill3r

Carder
Reaction score
Templar you can give your ICQ number, maybe I got something for you..

code

BANNED
Reaction score
Please note, if you want to make a deal with this user, that it is blocked.
Can any one advice wher to buy skimmer/ Pm me

Last edited:

The Dream

RIPPER
Reaction score
Way better decrypting the log files, than skimming ATMs these days. That's so old skool :p

If anyone has insider access to any atm, let me know.
so do you mean, you can decrypt 3DES?

c0lb4rt

BANNED
Reaction score
@Templar if you have the resources to use them, much better indeed.

@the dream, sounds a lil far fetched, right? :)

The Dream

RIPPER
Reaction score
@the dream, sounds a lil far fetched, right?
In my opinion, who can decrypt 3des, will not advertise himself online. watch out for fbi, or delete your post, Templar.

Templar

RIPPER
Reaction score
3Des keys + log files = smart money.

FBI? the last time I checked, all it takes is a llittle uploading of the above data. where is the connection?

PayPal with what you 'know', bud... drops.

The Dream

RIPPER
Reaction score
FBI? the last time I checked, all it takes is a llittle uploading of the above data. where is the connection?

PayPal with what you 'know', bud... drops.
I say lol. .. A big fat lol....

Templar

RIPPER
Reaction score
The Dream?! just LOL?

C'mon man! you hurt my feelings with just an LOL...lol! =))

Sir

BANNED
Reaction score
i remember hearing about malware being a high threat to ATM security. makes sense considering they are mostly using windows. it would require somebody on the inside, no? somebody with internal access to install it on the machine? then all thats really needed to compromise it would be a control card that activates the malware and gives access via a custom interface that was built. i believe the system ejects the PIN blocks onto a receipt to be decrypted in some way.

Reaction score
NOT OLD CRAP

OLD GOLD!!!

If it ain't broken--don't fix it. atm skimming - only thing that changed is the public is slightly more aware...

EL FENIX

Reaction score
jeje

Interesting :)

Not old crap. Very profitable crap :) Many talk the walk, few are capable of doing what they say...

Possible can buy/arrange and install ATM in busy profitable location and run it for half a year or more before pulling out ?

Check you PM

C

capac

To install shit in atm's not need insider... to log atm not need insider... this can be done remotely (i already did and get tracks+pinblocks...) the insider is needed just to have the key string...... to de-3des the pinblocks... :)
so the insider is NOT somebody that can "only" open the machine and have fisical access BUT somebody that KNOW the private key.... ....after the "CRASH" this "somebody" will be investigated.... his fones listened etc etc.... be carefull of what doing, is nt so simple to do safetly! :)

i remember hearing about malware being a high threat to ATM security. makes sense considering they are mostly using windows. it would require somebody on the inside, no? somebody with internal access to install it on the machine? then all thats really needed to compromise it would be a control card that activates the malware and gives access via a custom interface that was built. i believe the system ejects the PIN blocks onto a receipt to be decrypted in some way.