atm shutdown when picture is taken

TheRayMan

Professional
Reaction score
so an image was taken of a diebold opteva at a BOA location. an image was taken about 2 feet away by a prepaid phone. it was a coworker who is not a member here but from what i was told it came up a red screen saying out fo service. this is what happens when a skimmer is detected through emf/pressure. anybody have any info on weather this was a coincidence or a security feature? i understand boa is top of their game but why from 2 feet would it shut down instantly after pic?

no flash was on phone when image was taken.

Arab707

Professional
Reaction score
Your right about the pressure! Its happened to me a few times on boa! I put a diebold skimmer on it and then pressed it then 1 mins goes by the black screen comes up and says atm error, Boa is pretty high up their with their security

TheRayMan

Professional
Reaction score
yes they are, they have actual plexiglass skimmer blockers also, these ward off any publically available skimmers. but anyway you most likely experienced emf, not pressure. pressure is instant, emf is delayed.

an anybody shed any light as to why this has happened?

gocaine

BANNED
Reaction score
Please note, if you want to make a deal with this user, that it is blocked.
TheRayMan: you got my pm

Debtcollector

RIPPER
Reaction score
I was looking into buying one of these skimmers. I live in a less fraud area..but I will not rush into it now... Waiting for more feedback before I try anything. TheRayMan... I will inbox u my ICQ so u add me up and we chat..more.. Thanks

Carder
Reaction score
Just 2 random guesses:
1. The ATM just happened to be out of service when the photo was taken
2. Security workers were watching the camera (probably impossible)

TheRayMan

Professional
Reaction score
..., i think it may have been watched, my guy may have looked suspicious im not sure. as i said i dont have all details but from what i am told it seems like one hell of a coincidence but is possible.

umbakr, what are you talking about? dont flood the thread!

umbakr

DEER
Reaction score
..., i think it may have been watched, my guy may have looked suspicious im not sure. as i said i dont have all details but from what i am told it seems like one hell of a coincidence but is possible.

umbakr, what are you talking about? dont flood the thread!

I'm not flooding . Just add me . I have OTR . We spoke a long time ago .

TheRayMan

Professional
Reaction score
i dont recall but okay