another NY bust

moneyman99

Professional
Reaction score
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/..._Mx4LbVSdoUw2ESRAX7LsqO?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

London had its “Lavender Hill Mob” — now Brooklyn has the Vinegar Hill gang.

FBI agents have arrested a group they say operated a fraud ring out of a luxury high-rise condo on Bridge Street in the increasingly trendy neighborhood that abuts DUMBO and offers sweeping Manhattan views.

The development marks an unusual turn for the pricey and normally crime-free neighborhood.

The feds say alleged ringleader Kwan Miller lived in the BridgeView Tower, an exclusive building that provides a “full-service” 24-hour concierge, a fitness room, indoor parking, and free shuttle services to Manhattan and nearby subway stations.

Although it may seem like an unlikely place to headquarter a fraud scheme, FBI agents were tipped by an informant that Miller was allegedly using ICQ — a European instant messaging service — to obtain stolen credit card numbers during chats with his contacts inside Russia, officials say.

During the course of an identity theft probe that began over a year ago, investigators intercepted e-mails sent by Miller that contained numbers for more than 100 credit cards, according to a report written by FBI agent Stacey Sullivan.

Other e-mail messages listed numbers for holders of American Express Platinum, Gold and Blue cards, Visa Gold credit cards, details on JP Morgan Chase cardholders, as well as other credit and debit cardholders’ information, the report says.

Then Miller — whose nickname is “Don Kwan” — bought “numerous specialty printers” used to emboss numbers and other encoded information on plastic credit card blanks, the feds say.

He later ordered printing supplies for those special machines and had them delivered directly to the tony BridgeView high-rise in Vinegar Hill, according to a report filed by Brooklyn Assistant US Attorney Tyler Smith.

The feds say that Miller, with the help of several women who are his friends, then imprinted stolen credit card numbers onto the plastic card blanks to create counterfeit credit cards sporting the names of the stolen identities.

The group also manufactured phony identification cards using these stolen identities, officials say.

Then the fraud gang fanned out across New York City and used the cards to make purchases in retail stores - later selling the goods for cash, prosecutors say.

So far, American Express alone says it has identified more than $500,000 in losses from card holders in several states that are directly connected to the fraud scheme - and the totals are expected to grow considerably, the feds say.

As the fraud gang was busy pumping out phony credit cards, Miller was still on probation for similar illegal activities in the recent past, officials say.

In 2007 — using the name “Kwan Thomas” — Miller pleaded guilty to an earlier credit card fraud scheme and was sentenced to 39 months in federal prison, records show.

Miller also operates his own urban clothing label - “Blak Republik” - that is unrelated to the alleged credit card fraud scheme.

A Brooklyn federal judge denied Miller’s efforts to be released on bail as he awaits trial on the fraud charges.

insha'allah

UNRESOLVED PROBLEMS
Reaction score
if he would have used otr + jabber he prolly wouldnt had been caught.

slacker

Vendor of:,  Plastics and IDS
Reaction score
i doubt icq was the reason he was busted. article stated "investigators intercepted e-mails sent by Miller". He probably used personal email, SMH

moneyman99

Professional
Reaction score
Says agents were tipped by informant. So it was someone who new his biz and either was hating or got caught and gave this dude up for a plea. Keep people out of you biz. Period. Along with never shipping to yourself. Smh.

Bugsyy

BANNED
Reaction score
Please note, if you want to make a deal with this user, that it is blocked.
It's surprising how people are soo stupid to not cover their tracks when doing fraud. He should have hacked a few wifi connections in his building and shipped packages to a drop.

also just FYI. WPA/WPA2 connections are also no longer secure. WEP was cracked years ago. But WPA/WPA2 was cracked 2 months ago.

If anyone interested on how to do this... PM me. I might make a tutorial for everyone to use. This way you use the hacked connection when communicating online with anything to do with fraud.

I am interested :)

Prime00

UNRESOLVED PROBLEMS
Reaction score
seems like he got ratted by the informant , some co-worker of his that got busted and snithced on him... no such thing as intercepted , thats bulsshit from news

abba

Professional
Reaction score
cop's are only good as there informant's , some1 got caught and rolled on him f-ing snitches death to them ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tdotwire6

RIPPER
Reaction score
It's surprising how people are soo stupid to not cover their tracks when doing fraud. He should have hacked a few wifi connections in his building and shipped packages to a drop.

also just FYI. WPA/WPA2 connections are also no longer secure. WEP was cracked years ago. But WPA/WPA2 was cracked 2 months ago.

If anyone interested on how to do this... PM me. I might make a tutorial for everyone to use. This way you use the hacked connection when communicating online with anything to do with fraud.

You would be GOD if u made that TuT.

notaehc

DEER
Reaction score
lol even if the news was real , but the price of criming balance pretty sure not a truly results
means less than da mo-fakr big money wif big mo-fkr mouth

---------- Сообщение добавлено в 10:25 PM ---------- Предыдущее сообщение размещено в 10:19 PM ----------

lol even if the news was real , but the price of criming balance pretty sure not a truly results
means less than da mo-fakr big money wif big mo-fkr mouth

cops usually heap up cases of crimer ,and tie up in ONE case.

when ppls u and me and his modafkr view the "NEWs" to know the "REAL":D

Sir. guap

Professional
Reaction score
if everybody just kept there mouth shut and moved more secretive it would be less arrest and harder 2 crack down always use the up most precaution safe carding everybody

notaehc

DEER
Reaction score
if everybody just kept there mouth shut and moved more secretive it would be less arrest and harder 2 crack down always use the up most precaution safe carding everybody

sounds like a jesus respawn :p
if everybody comply with u gentleman
can we be the owner about "money" "piece""impartial" from u ? :D

Soprano

Professional
Reaction score
i bet they got caught not because of someone others fault but because of theyr own stupid head like talking too much when drunk and partying good made money in club,buying too many flashy stuff and shit,attract too much attention,cmon they from ny...last bust like what? guy got caught with shitload of cards some crap items and fkin white new pimped out escalade which you could see from moon and theres a 22 years old guy driving it whos livin in mid class family who never saw such stuff,fkin dumb.buy atleast midleclass car if you want to look so bad but dont shoot for a fkin limousine and luxury class unless you get some business or some smart back up where money came from...dumb ppl.

notaehc

DEER
Reaction score
i bet they got caught not because of someone others fault but because of theyr own stupid head like talking too much when drunk and partying good made money in club,buying too many flashy stuff and shit,attract too much attention,cmon they from ny...last bust like what? guy got caught with shitload of cards some crap items and fkin white new pimped out escalade which you could see from moon and theres a 22 years old guy driving it whos livin in mid class family who never saw such stuff,fkin dumb.buy atleast midleclass car if you want to look so bad but dont shoot for a fkin limousine and luxury class unless you get some business or some smart back up where money came from...dumb ppl.

rofl i bet u gentle better than da noobies ...of emotion

well let me try to clearnly do sth from philosophy of u..

we hard to work untouch the stupid who touching .. and

keep the emotion on bodies spend cashes to our faith ...

bingo ! do it !

Sir. guap

Professional
Reaction score
sounds like a jesus respawn :p
if everybody comply with u gentleman
can we be the owner about "money" "piece""impartial" from u ? :D

see thats the problem ppl dont take shit serious and thats why there still broke and up here tryna ripp ppl, always thinking they know everything instead of excepting the truth, i got jammed cause of dickheads who thought they new everything and didnt wanna listen and wanna do there own thing and bring heat upon me thats y i dont deal with dickheads nomore and if you did comply u would be safer and make more money dont act like just cause you up here u getting money cause ive been in this game long time and its not what u do, is how you do it and

---------- Сообщение добавлено в 11:34 PM ---------- Предыдущее сообщение размещено в 11:28 PM ----------

and bro u right to much shinning if you gonna ballout do it smart if you making good money like some claim buy a store front franchise or something clean that paper up and give uncle sam his piece he can leave us the fuck alone cause thats all they wwant :D

paulg123

Carder
Reaction score
Isn't it a good idea to keep to yourself and conceal your face when having to work with others. That way, even if they get caught they can't rat you out