5 Arrested in Mumbai for skimming

akinova

RIPPER
Reaction score
VADODARA: Investigations into the fake debit and credit card racket busted by police have revealed that it was spread in several countries across the globe. The accused had stolen data of citizens in countries like the USA, Ireland, Spain and others to siphon off money from their bank accounts. The e-skimming scam was busted by Special Operations Group (SOG) on Thursday and investigations have been handed over to cyber crime cell of Detection of Crime Branch (DCB).

Five people, all residents of Mumbai, were arrested by SOG when they were passing from Amitnagar Circle. The cops recovered hundreds of fake and blank debit cards from them. The Crime Branch will now focus on tracking down co-accused in the scam, who are located in different countries through IP address. "The accused arrested by SOG were helped by two more persons who used to get data from some people staying abroad. The suspects located in foreign countries used to steal data when the customers came to shop in the malls," a police official said.

"Those arrested are part of a professional international gang that is expert in stealing data of unsuspecting shoppers and then transferring it to duplicate debit cards. The suspects staying in foreign countries used to send such stolen data to the Mumbai-based duo via email," the official added. The duo used to pass on the data to the persons who were arrested in the city.

The police are looking for the duo identified as Faizal and Abdul, who has been declared as wanted. Those arrested have been identified as Nitin Igle, Mazhar Ali Saiyyad, Satish Manga Mohammed, Mohsin Salmani, and Suraj Dantani. All of them were in Gujarat to do shopping from fake cards. The cops have seized all the cards along with card-swiping writer, electronic card system printer, a laptop and some garments purchased by them. The cops recovered 546 blank ATM cards and 167 debit cards with data from the accused.

The accused had put logos of several national and private Indian banks on fake debit cards. The accused used to steal data by e-skimming (stealing credit or debit card data online) of victims and then use it for either withdrawing money from their bank accounts or splurge on shopping. "We will produce the accused in court on Sunday and seek 14 days remand," Crime Branch (cyber cell) Jatin Prajapati said.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...193_1_fake-debit-jatin-prajapati-crime-branch

casper4

Carder
Reaction score
skimminglord. "Chutiye" is a small word for them though :D

dofkiuxas

RIPPER
Reaction score
in Lithuania police was catched one guy in night when he was sleeping, we had made 49 fake cards and tried buy gold from internet.

cocktail

Professional
Reaction score
You gotta love when they manage to bust the other people just with an ip address
They have the brains to manage some hiests like this, but a vpn is just too much for them

cucc

RIPPER
Reaction score
I hope source gives them wisdom and peace!

akshay1006

RIPPER
Reaction score
The reason for this gang being busted is because someone tipped the cops and the tipper was with the gang and not because cops were smart lols..............(people can call whatever they want like chuthiya and mahachuthiya but we cannot predict when we will be caught it all depends on situation even the most smartest is busted).

akinova

RIPPER
Reaction score
The reason for this gang being busted is because someone tipped the cops and the tipper was with the gang and not because cops were smart lols..............(people can call whatever they want like chuthiya and mahachuthiya but we cannot predict when we will be caught it all depends on situation even the most smartest is busted).

Weakest Link In The Security Chain = Humans

I am sure they told about it to their almost every friend and thought indian police won't do anything.

akshay1006

RIPPER
Reaction score
I am human and i don't consider myself to be the weakest link in the security chain and every human being is not the same,as human we tend to make mistakes...........

skimminglord

RIPPER
Reaction score

You got that right, But you seems like missing the point.
Point here is not about being busted or not, Is how you are busted.
and Half of this article is shit. Most of the time when these coppers or media talks about Carding, They sound like throwing up shit. I can tell by experience all these guys who were arrested are n00bs.

akshay1006

RIPPER
Reaction score
You got that right, But you seems like missing the point.
Point here is not about being busted or not, Is how you are busted.
and Half of this article is shit. Most of the time when these coppers or media talks about Carding, They sound like throwing up shit. I can tell by experience all these guys who were arrested are n00bs.

The reason i have posted is because we need to respect everyone irrespective of their status and calling someone "chuthiya and mahachuthiya" is ridiculous.Those who r caught r paying the price for their stupidity so lets just leave it to that........

Reactions: cucc

cucc

Amzing guy, very friendly and honest!

skimminglord

RIPPER
Reaction score
The reason i have posted is because we need to respect everyone irrespective of their status and calling someone "chuthiya and mahachuthiya" is ridiculous.Those who r caught r paying the price for their stupidity so lets just leave it to that........

Did you read properly, ''chutiye was used for below mentioned'' Please read again. Big LOL for the terms these guys use, when they hardly even know how to start a laptop.

The e-skimming scam was busted by Special Operations Group (SOG) on Thursday and investigations have been handed over to cyber crime cell of Detection of Crime Branch (DCB).

Neways this post doesn't even need some much attention.

Last edited:

cucc

RIPPER
Reaction score
There is no scope of mistakes in this game!
Do it 100% well or just do not do it.

Yes, what akshay said about tipping can be true, the cops are hungry!

fishgoodeep

Professional
Reaction score
In my country every day in news 4 people arrested for skimming around the world.

In these days this is normal :)

killbill

Reaction score
too many indians in forum -_-

@ topic
indian sites are getting difficult to card every day.3 years ago i carded almost all known shopping sites.then there was ebs payment gateway.Damn tht screwed everything.still getting caught in india is pretty huge .court case will take no longer than 3-6 years .