Weapon Inventory Technology Threatens Military Operations

CarderPlanet

Professional
Reaction score
The US Army and Air Force continue to deploy dangerous technology despite warnings from the Department of Defense.

Some US military units are using technology to track their weapons that can help opponents locate soldiers on the battlefield, writes The Associated Press.

The US Army and Air Force continue to deploy hazardous technology, despite warnings from the Department of Defense that its use in firearms poses a "significant" security threat.

For this reason, the Marine Corps refused to use radio frequency identification technology in weapons. The Navy announced it was phasing out the technology this week.
We are talking about RFID technology, which is widely used in everyday life. Thin RFID chips help drivers drive through toll stations, hospitals find tools, and supermarkets track items. Chips are often embedded in ID cards, glued to baggage for airport tracking, and even used in access wristbands.

RFID chips embedded in weapons help save precious hours in time-consuming tasks such as counting and distributing weapons. Outside of the arsenal, however, radio signals that help automate inventory can become an unwanted beacon to track.

Field experiments have shown that an adversary can easily copy RFID chips used in weapons. More importantly, even a non-tech-savvy adversary can identify US troops at distances far beyond those claimed by RFID chip contractors.

“This could pose a significant security threat to operations in the field, allowing an attacker to easily identify and possibly even identify US Department of Defense workspaces,” said US Department of Defense spokesman Colonel Uriah Orland.

dixonfel

Reaction score
he US Army and Air Force continue to deploy dangerous technology despite warnings from the Department of Defense.

wajayme

Reaction score
When it comes to weapons, the possibilities are endless. If war was being fought with guns and rockets 50 years ago, today we have the technology or biological weapons. I'm constantly looking at Tech News Today in order to see what's being discovered and to my surprise, we are far from using everything from this domain. God forbid having a nuclear war because the whole planet would be gone. I'm really hoping that we will never have to use weapons ever again because too many lives have been lost already. Maybe our kids will experience this, who knows?

HibrikBilik

Reaction score
When it comes to weapons, the possibilities are endless. If war was being fought with guns and rockets 50 years ago, today we have the technology or biological weapons. I'm constantly looking at Tech News Today in order to see what's being discovered and to my surprise, we are far from using everything from this domain. God forbid having a nuclear war because the whole planet would be gone. I'm really hoping that we will never have to use weapons ever again because too many lives have been lost already. Maybe our kids will experience this, who knows?
Thanks for sharing with us this source.

Informalmarc

Reaction score
I hope we wll never have a nuclear war because we will all die.