“You became the winner of the Fast Payments System! Follow this link"

Father

Professional
Reaction score
Bob:
I regularly transfer money through the Fast Payment System - conveniently and without commission. Recently I receive a message in the messenger that my transfer in the System has become a prize. And I got a certificate for a million $. Winning a million after transferring $ 30 to my brother is certainly strong. To receive a prize, you need to call some number, or go to the site.
I suspected that this was a divorce, but it became curious to see. Such a site is beautiful and there are so many sections - both for business and for cardholders. And the pictures are cool, and the videos, and they explain so competently how to get the prize. All you need to do is enter a phone number to find out the size of the prize, and then - the card details to receive money. I even began to doubt - maybe I was really just lucky?
But I decided to google the official website of the Fast Payments System - of course, the address turned out to be different. And not a word about any prize drawings. So I didn't leave my numbers on that pale site.
But what is interesting - the message contained my name and surname! And in the address of this left site is the name of my bank. Coincidence? I don’t think so.

Financial Culture Expert:
This time, social engineers have taken advantage of the growing popularity of the Fast Payment System (FPS). Fraudsters send out their messages in the hope that someone has actually made a transfer through the FPS recently and will find their promises plausible. As a result, they will find out the card details of a gullible person and will be able to steal his money.
Fraudsters extract names, phones, and sometimes card numbers of bank clients as a result of personal data leaks or collect information from open sources - for example, on social networks. This data, as a rule, is not enough to write off money from other people's accounts. But they allow the scammers to come into contact with the potential victim.
Vladimir did the right thing to find the real website of the FPS and double-check the information. But it was worth starting with this, and not following a dubious link. After all, he risked downloading himself a viral program that could steal personal and payment information from his gadget.
Following the link, Bob ended up on a phishing site, with the help of which scammers lure out the full details of users' cards. If Vladimir had entered the number, expiration date and secret code from the card turnover on this site, he would have lost money on the account. And the bank would not compensate him for anything. Indeed, in this case, the client would have violated the rules for using the card and transferred confidential data to the scammers.
The system of fast payments does not contact users directly - only with banks whose clients transfer or receive money through the FPS. Moreover, this system is not engaged in sending messages in messengers.
Card numbers are not required for transfers via FPS. Money from the sender's account to the recipient's account goes through the phone numbers that are linked to their bank accounts. Read more about the work of the FPS in the text "How to quickly transfer money by phone number".
If you suddenly received a message about a win, compensation, social benefits, be sure to check the information in official sources. Fraudsters often send "letters of happiness" on behalf of various organizations or promote advertisements on the Internet for fake "attractions of unprecedented generosity."
For information on how to secure your savings and immediately expose the fraud, read the article "How to quickly recognize a fraud".
If you become a victim of scammers and have lost money, follow the instructions from the text " What to do if money is stolen from a bank card".