When do stores Know

johnciti

Reaction score
Hi

I always wonder, how long does it takes for the store to know that purchase was fraudulent? How long does it takes for charge back to take place?

In here, usually they keep 2 months video record. I learned searching net that it takes nearly 2 months to get the charge back take place for international card (using us card in au situation).

Anybody knows anything?

Cheers
John

Reaction score
Ive seen chargeback anywhere from 3-8 weeks for smaller stores. Most chain stores can take longer due to process of them getting information back to the store, sometimes can be up to 3 months.

johnciti

Reaction score
I worked in a store before. I saw police coming same day to check video when someone used stolen credit card.

Now that stolen, not skimmed (or overseas cards). So, in this case Bank have to be sure that the owner of the card isn't playing with Bank.

Am I right?

Cheers
John

fadeaway

Professional
Reaction score
If you are using foreign dumps than it will take a while unless the banks get suspicious straight away and contact the customer to confirm the transactions. The payment processor will than contact the retailer and tell them there's a problem which means chargeback within 24 hours.

The above process becomes alot faster within a few hours if you are using local dumps in local location.

I figured out this problem with gift cards recently which were being blocked withing 24 hrs which i bought with foreign and local dumps.

fyfee

BANNED
Reaction score
Please note, if you want to make a deal with this user, that it is blocked.
stores in the uk keep footage for 31days. charge back on forgin cards can take from 2 weeks to 3 mths...

the store takes the charge back and the police dont chase a out of uk card