"There have been critical changes in your credit history"

Father

Professional
Reaction score
Anna:
I got a call from an unfamiliar city number. A stern, automatic voice said, "There has been a critical change in your credit history." And they dictated the address of the site, where you can find out the details. The name contained the abbreviated name of the credit bureau - credit service. I got scared that someone took out a loan in my name, and went to the site to check.
The website indicated that they are partners of the credit service, and they can get a report on their credit history. I hammered in there my surname, name, patronymic, date of birth. I pressed the button "get report". A file appeared on the screen, but to download it, you have to “pay the cost of the report” - $ 5. Stop, I think. It seems like a credit history should be given free of charge for a number of times? And I asked her for the first time. I decided that something was unclean here and left this site. Did I do the right thing? And how can I now make sure that everything is in order with my credit history?

Financial Culture Expert:
The organization Anna encountered was posing as an intermediary between the borrower and the credit bureau (credit service). On the websites of such companies, they offer not only to receive a report, but also to subscribe to a paid subscription - for example, they promise to track “critical changes in credit history” and “monitor the credit rating”.
According to the law, only you or the organization to which you yourself have given consent can receive a credit report from the credit service. For example, a bank or MFI from which you want to take out a loan or loan.
Heirs, legal representatives or those for whom a notarized power of attorney has been issued has the right to access credit history. No intermediaries have access to credit histories. And credit service themselves never call borrowers.
If you trust the middlemen, you will lose money for "reporting" or "monitoring breaking changes". In addition, fraudsters find out your personal data and details of the card with which you pay for their services. This information will allow them to steal money from your card account.
It is really worth checking your credit history from time to time. Twice a year credit service issues it free of charge. You can request a report at the BCI office or remotely - using the Public Services Portal.
More details about what information is contained in the report of the credit service and how to get it can be found in the text "Credit history".