The Olympic medalist stole money from the champion's card

Carding 4 Carders

Professional
Reaction score
The 2022 Olympic silver medalist in the French biathlon team and two-time world champion Julie Simon may be involved in bank card fraud. At the same time, the victim, according to journalists of Dauphiné Libéré, was her partner in the French national team, the champion of the same Olympic Games, Justine Braisaz-Bouchet (Justine Braisaz-Bouchet).

Simone was detained by the gendarmerie right at the base of the French national team in Albertville. Now she will have to explain in a personal conversation with the investigators how the goods were paid for using the Brezaz-Boucher bank card, which was then delivered to Simone's home. We are talking about products of the Go Pro brand, worth several thousand euros.

The incidents appear to have taken place in January and June 2022, but only one of the complaints filed relates to Simone's national team partner. The name of the second victim was not disclosed.

"This situation is beyond my comprehension… I think my identity was stolen, " Simone told reporters.

A criminal case has not yet been opened against Simone. However, if this happens, there is a possibility that the famous biathlete and one of the main stars of the national team will go to court. In France, all representatives of this sport are formally active military personnel.

Tomcat

Professional
Reaction score
Multiple world champion fined for stealing money from another athlete's card.

Olympic silver medalist and six-time biathlon world champion Julie Simon was found guilty of stealing money from the card of her French national team colleague and from the accounts of two members of the coaching staff and fined. The authoritative Italian newspaper La Stampa, which reported this, does not provide any additional details.

Later, information about the final decision in the case was denied by a slightly less well-known portal Fondo Italia. According to journalists, the investigation of the case continues, and representatives of the Italian police have also joined it.

"Apparently, this is a case of the disease of theft. It's hard to explain why a person steals from a teammate or just another person. Sooner or later, any fraud or theft is revealed. It is too naive to hope that this will not be solved. It is difficult to assess what happened, but it seems to me that this is a disease, " two-time Olympic champion Dmitry Vasiliev commented on the situation.

Simone was charged with bank card fraud in October 2023. The investigation believes that she stole credit cards from her teammate Justine Brezaz-Boucher, as well as from members of the coaching staff. After that, with their help, Simone paid for products of the Go Pro brand, worth several thousand euros, which were delivered directly to the biathlete's home. The woman herself denies her guilt.