Silk Road founder: "Today is exactly 10 years since I've been behind bars"

CarderPlanet

Professional
Reaction score
The founder of the closed darknet platform Silk Road, Ross Ulbricht, announced on social network X (Twitter) that today marks exactly ten years since he was imprisoned.

It is assumed that the post in X was written by the family of Ross Ulbricht (Ross Ulbricht), since in prison he does not have access to the Internet. Ulbricht was arrested in 2013 and sentenced to two life sentences for participating in the creation and use of the "shadow" platform Silk Road. The platform was closed due to the fact that it was used to trade drugs and other prohibited items for cryptocurrency. In the publication of Ulbricht, there are concerns that he has no chance of gaining freedom.

"Today, a whole decade has passed that I spent in prison. Sometimes I'm afraid I'll spend the rest of my life behind concrete walls and locked doors. But I have no one else to blame. My wrong choice led me here. All I can do right now is pray for mercy, " Ross Ulbricht's account says.

Ulbricht's followers supported him, writing a lot of positive comments. Users believe that the founder of Silk Road has already learned a lesson, having served such a long time in prison. According to some subscribers, the punishment imposed on Ulbricht did not correspond to the crime committed, and people who committed much more serious crimes received a chance to redeem themselves.