Several ways to Hide Your IP Address

Lord777

Professional
Reaction score
How do I hide my IP address? There are several ways to hide your computer's IP address. In this post, I will describe for you 5 ways to access blocked sites or, in other words, 5 ways to hide your IP address, which I happened to use myself.

What is a proxy server?​

Simply put, in order to hide your IP address, your computer must connect to the desired server through another server, which will replace your computer's address with its own. These functions are usually performed by proxy servers.
I'll tell you right away, if you know what a proxy server is, you can immediately go to the ways to hide your IP or change it in order to access blocked sites.

Proxy server (Proxy) - a network software package that allows the user to access other network services through itself, protecting against certain types of network attacks and preserving the user's anonymity.
There are thousands of proxy servers all over the world. Their lists are published on thematic sites. Public lists of proxy servers are frequently updated, because every day some proxy servers are turned off, and new ones are added in their place. The mass of public proxy servers is not stable or permanent. There are stable proxy servers, but you need to buy access to them. The proxy server address usually looks like-195.12.20.98: 80-IP address and port number separated by a colon.
The answer to the question "how to hide your computer's ip" starts with the fact that you need a list of working proxy servers. Another question is where to find this list of working proxies? But here only search engines can help you, because everything that concerns public proxy servers and their relevance changes very quickly.
In Runet, in particular, there are a lot of sites in the top search engines, which are supposedly hosted by current lists of proxy servers. After checking, however, it turns out that all published addresses are no longer working. It is best to always search for up-to-date proxy lists on sites in English.
After you collect three or five sites where the proxy list was last published no more than 6 hours before you found it, you can try to test the addresses for relevance. You can test the proxy for relevance using online services, which are also quite a lot. Just type "online proxy checker"in the search.
Tested it? Do you have working proxies? Then let's start with our 5 ways to access blocked sites

Method #1: How to hide your IP with Firefox
What you'll need: Mozilla Firefox browser + lists of working proxy servers

Hide your ip Firefox, the one that Mozilla allows, in principle, just like any other browser. Just for Chrome, for example, you need to go to the "Properties" window.: Internet" by clicking on the "Proxy Server Settings" button and edit the connection settings there. But in Firefox, everything is a little different. How to set up a proxy server in Firefox:
Tools menu ->
Settings ->
hide your firefox ip address
Advanced Tab ->
Item "Configure Firefox connection settings with the Internet" - > "Configure" button ->
In the window that appears, select "Manual proxy service configuration" - > Enter the proxy address and port -> Click OK

Method #2: The Proxifier program:​

Proxifier, a program that hides the IP address, allows you to make any accesses of your computer to the network through the proxy servers specified in the settings. Moreover, if you specify multiple proxy addresses, requests will be sent through a sequential chain of specified proxy servers.
The Proxifier program costs from $ 40 on the developer's website, and you can download the latest version here for free with a test period of 31 days, but for the especially poor who need a "free program hide ip", you can always find a key for Proxifier or download the working version from torrents.

Proxifier: how to use it?​

What you'll need: The Proxifier program + a list of working proxy servers
All you need to do after installation is launch the program, enter the settings and enter one of the list of addresses of the proxy you found. The program has a built-in function for checking the relevance of the proxy server, which can be performed by clicking the "Check" button.

76233fc2ef7f49d63bdd5.jpg

Method # 3: Free Web Proxies​

There are also so-called web proxy sites that hide ip addresses.
A web proxy server is a service designed in the form of a website that allows you to access blocked sites, hiding your IP address, while showing you, for example, some advertising.
If you are looking for a web proxy server, then I advise you to look at this site . There are hundreds of free web proxies distributed by rating.
Тор-a browser that completely hides your real IP address. If you need to hide your ip for free, Tor-an anonymous network - is another way to hide your IP address. I can't explain what it is better than Wikipedia, so I advise you to read the article.
All that is required in this method is to download, install and launch the Tor browser, which will automatically take care of your anonymity. You don't need to bother with finding working proxies.
Interesting facts about Tor...

Тор is a network within the Internet. The so-called "deep network"or" deep web". This network has its own sites with its own domain zone ". onion", which cannot be accessed without connecting to TOR. Some sites sell drugs and weapons, and sell credit card information. They say that even killers can be found there.
Since there are no search engines in TOR, there are common directories of links such as the "Hidden Wiki" site, which contains the most complete collection of Tor network sites.

Method to access blocked sites #5: VPN​

VPN - a virtual private network. To hide your computer's IP using a VPN, you need to download the client program, install it on your computer, and run it. After that, you should check your IP address.

PrivitizeVPN doesn't work​

There was a VPN that I sometimes used-PrivatizeVPN, but now the site has been blocked, and when entering from Russian IP addresses, the message "We apologize, but access to the requested resource is restricted"is displayed on starnitsa. Plus, the program itself began to fail, and now PrivitizeVPN does not work. When trying to start the client, the error "Can not update Privatize VPN client" pops up.
I went through a web proxy to their website, downloaded the program and tried to run it, but the system returned errors with the messages "Cannot get item, because index is out of bounds", "Error: Cannot access list" _Map. Keys::__ERROR", because it does not exist!" и "Error: Cannot access list "_NULL", because it does not exist!". Apparently, this service will have to say goodbye for now.
Of course, you can try downloading PrivatizeVPN and try installing it, but I warned you about the problems.

How do I find out my IP address?​

To test these methods, you will need to learn it. How do I find out my IP address?
To do this, just go to ip-adress.com before taking measures to hide the ip address and after, and compare whether the address and geo location displayed by this service have changed. If the ip address has changed, then you have successfully completed one of the above methods and hidden your IP address.
Well, the most effective check after using one of the above methods will be your attempt to go to a blocked site that was previously unavailable to you. If the site opened, then the method worked. Good luck!

mriwannalearn

Reaction score
I have tried left and right trying to use a socks proxy but it never changes my IP. Can you help me?