Scam scheme of earning money in public catering

Teacher

Professional
Reaction score
Found for you a new scheme from the Forum.

Further from the author's words:
Potential victims are small firms and individual entrepreneurs.

- I am a sole proprietor and do catering. About a month ago, I received an e-mail request from an employee of the supply department of a supposedly nonresident company (Auchan Metallurgical Construction Company LLC), who introduced himself as Alexander. The letter said that in my city they are planning work on the site, it is necessary to organize meals for employees and asked to send a commercial offer.

- Well, if you have requested it, there are no problems, especially since I often encounter such requests in my work. I opened the technical specification and at first did not believe my luck - the working conditions were simply "chocolate": the price of lunch is 3 times higher than the market price, and besides, the customer was ready to come for lunch himself.

- But after recovering from the euphoria, I realized that everything could not be so good. Usually, customers want a price slightly cheaper than the cost price, delivery, distribution, deferral, etc. I reset the" on-call " CP and started collecting information about them, but I couldn't find anything negative. This company does exist according to its banking details - there are no reviews.

And here is the diagram itself:

1. Scammers under the guise of a large customer send out a request for cooperation (mainly catering, but I saw comments that this scheme was in another industry), where they prescribe very favorable conditions on which it is pleasant and profitable to work. You send a commercial offer or confirm your interest

2. After a couple of days, the fraudster contacts you and informs you that the management is interested in your company (reviews, inquiries, etc.) and is ready to sign the contract. They reset their constituent documents, as well as the necessary list of documents from your side, which must contain a document on voluntary certification of products or enterprises. Of course, you don't have this document. You make inquiries about this document in the relevant companies, and you are told that it will take a long time to do it.

3. You are upset that you will most likely have to lose a lucrative contract, because the deadline for submitting documents ends in a couple of days, and you will not physically have time to make this certificate, you inform the "customer", to which you are told that the problem is not new and they have already encountered it and helped other performers get this document. Give contacts of the company that can help with this.

4. You naturally contact this office, which will be able to issue the necessary certificate for 30-50 thousand rubles in a couple of days.

- As a result, entrepreneurs are led to this divorce, buy a piece of paper that they do not need, after which the "customer" disappears.

- When Alexander called me a couple of days later to tell me about our cooperation, I already knew about this scheme. In the documents that he dropped me to sign the contract, I saw the same voluntary certificates.

- To my questions about the object in the city, he evaded the answer, explaining it as a trade secret and other nonsense. Because I didn't have time for further empty conversations - this Alexander was sent on a walking trip.

- At the beginning of the week, I received a similar request from another "large company", the scheme is apparently popular and relatively "safe" for scammers, since there are no grounds for bringing them to justice.

Be careful, take care of yourself and your business!