Question: Gift Card Chargebacks

symmetry

Carder
Reaction score
let's say i purchase a visa gift card with a debit card dump.
then i spend the money on the visa gift card.

when the shit hits the fan, who eats the charge back, the retailer who sold me the visa gift card? or the retailer where i spent the visa gift card?

obviously, this is important to know depending how you use gift cards.

thanks to any who can answer this.

asthenic

RIPPER
Reaction score
clearly the store. unless u buy giftcards at the store you are using. for instance buy a walmart giftcard in walmart, they can kill it / chargeback. Buy a BB gc in a grocery store they wont charge teh card back and the grocery store will eat it.

slacker

Vendor of:,  Plastics and IDS
Reaction score
Im pretty sure that where ever you initially buy the giftcard is who gets screwed. But I got a sense that you want to use these for things for more than merchandise. Remember, where ever you spend theses carded giftcards is still a paper trail back to the carded transaction. so DONT go paying your electric bill or buy a cellphone for personal use with a giftcard that you carded. Just plain stupid. Peace Im Out

tarjeta

Reaction score
DONT go paying your electric bill or buy a cellphone for personal use with a giftcard that you carded. Just plain stupid. Peace Im Out
its ok i've been paying them all the time by visa gifts. no shit happens

kilobit

VIP member
Reaction score
It's pretty much safe after you change them over a couple times (i.e...use WalMart giftcard to buy AmEx Giftcards at WalMart). Should be safe using them this way for more "personal" stuff.

--kilobit