Police find 85 iPads worth $50K during credit card fraud bust

FutureV

Professional
Reaction score
A 2-3 weeks old news but not posted as in yet;

Two people are accused of using stolen credit cards to purchase high-end items like iPads that were then sold for cash.

Police say the suspects are part of a large-scale credit card fraud operation that hit Target stores in the area. Officials say the suspects were under police surveillance when they made a fraudulent purchase on December 11 at the Target located in the 8600-block of South Cottage Grove.

Officials said that arrest led police to discover a credit card manufacturing operation with a large quantity of re-encoded credit cards, prepaid cards and gift cards. Police say they discovered 85 iPads worth more than $50,000 and other items, as well as a handgun and $10,000 in cash.
Jerome Taylor, 41, is charged with one count of Organizer/ Financial Crime Enterprise, a Class X Felony; and Michael Nixon, 40, is charged with one count of Continuing Financial Crime Enterprise, a Class 1 Felony. Taylor and Nixon are scheduled to appear in bond court at 26th and California on Friday.

Source: http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8919198

abba

Professional
Reaction score
they r getting a brake the case is a state case , 26th and California is cook county il.

stampbaby

BANNED
Reaction score
Please note, if you want to make a deal with this user, that it is blocked.
I read the article and it just said that they were under surveillance while carding target stores. The big question is: Why were they under surveillance? Was it due to mistakes made while carding? Or something unrelated that brought heat to the carding? I want to know so I can learn from their mistakes. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

jonsmithsnow

Reaction score
>Jerome
black names; nothing against black people, but everybody knows they're prone to commit crime. they should have used a white girl or asian to do the shopping.

needvoucher

Reaction score
That may be one reason but also it says that they were hitting target stores in the area, this could possibly mean that they were going back to the same stores over and over which would explain why police were able to investigate and be at the store they were planning to hit,

Not saying it is the reason but definitely high chances of this being it, best to work in an area your never going to be returning to again!

Ninja

Reaction score
Im allways say when i see threads like this:
I hate 2 things in this life - racism and niggers.
:D

Ninja

Reaction score
Its just a morning joke. Sorry for flooding. :)

v00d00

BANNED
Reaction score

FutureV

Professional
Reaction score
v00d00, There you go..
1533crackers.jpg

go get it

Carder
Reaction score
I read the article and it just said that they were under surveillance while carding target stores. The big question is: Why were they under surveillance? Was it due to mistakes made while carding? Or something unrelated that brought heat to the carding? I want to know so I can learn from their mistakes. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

well one possible reason i think is because they couldve start creating a pattern of buying the ipads what it sounds like to me and which usually happens in credit card fraud cases

stampbaby

BANNED
Reaction score

king1

Carder
Reaction score
A 2-3 weeks old news but not posted as in yet;

Police say they discovered 85 iPads worth more than $50,000 and other items, as well as a handgun and $10,000 in cash.

WTF when were they planning to sell the already 50k worth of iPads.. plus they had 10k in cash.. sounds like these assholes didn't need the money.. bet now they wish they had sold all that shit.. cuz now they need lawyer/ bail money and COPS HAVE IT ALL. lol carding and guns do not go together. cuz u take a non violent white color crime and make it more of a serious crime when potential violence is involved.. (keep the guns for the drug dealers)