Need Help with Verifone vx670 - Downloading info

Rafael101

Professional
Reaction score
I have a verifone vx670 that I purchased from someone who seems to have disappeared. The problem is that before disappearing, I wasn't able to get the needed software for him to download the information off of the terminal.

I have access to all of the passwords on the terminal, the admin menus, etc. I can set it up to approve, decline, etc, and it stores the info on its memory, I just don't know how to get it off.

I have a cable to connect it to a PC using either the com port or the USB port. I've heard that I should use Hyperterminal or something like that.
In the admin area of the terminal, I can select "download batch" but it says Com port failure, ie it isn't connected properly to the computer, because the computer isn't running the correct software to connect to it.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or knows what to do, it would be greatly appreciated. If you figure it out, I'll give you a bonus from when I use it.

Make sure Is on correct COM port.. Mines uses COM port 1 Also call POS first from software then hit download from POS Session..

Maybe that can help or you need correct software

akash.biz007

Reaction score
I have a verifone vx670 that I purchased from someone who seems to have disappeared. The problem is that before disappearing, I wasn't able to get the needed software for him to download the information off of the terminal.

I have access to all of the passwords on the terminal, the admin menus, etc. I can set it up to approve, decline, etc, and it stores the info on its memory, I just don't know how to get it off.

I have a cable to connect it to a PC using either the com port or the USB port. I've heard that I should use Hyperterminal or something like that.
In the admin area of the terminal, I can select "download batch" but it says Com port failure, ie it isn't connected properly to the computer, because the computer isn't running the correct software to connect to it.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or knows what to do, it would be greatly appreciated. If you figure it out, I'll give you a bonus from when I use it.

try this way , i tell u exactly what is the problem, change the com 1 to com 6 see if its working, if not, dont use the usb cable, use the serial port must, most serial port dosnt carry in new labtops use desktop or labtops such as dell 601 i belive has the serial port, cuz usb port u need a driver for it , if its not, when u download batch does is says com error or error 18 , error 9 some shit like that ( if its error 18 and all, im 200% sure the offline u have its trial version or the seller he has the AUTHKEY, so in this scenario u need the AUTHKEY AND VARIABLE TO download your batch which u gotta contact the seller for AUTHKEY and VARIABLE)

bt4cc

RIPPER
Reaction score
This is a connection problem 100 % get a db9 (serial comport) or go buy a new usb converter will comes with a cd driver for the usb converter (cost about 20 $).

Who did you bought this from ?
Cause some also need to be on a specific date or you will also have an error msg such as error -8.

To make your life simple,get a db9 serial entry and put it on com1 without usb converter.
Hyper terminal is good,you just need the crack for it to be unlimited :)

akash.biz007

Reaction score
This is a connection problem 100 % get a db9 (serial comport) or go buy a new usb converter will comes with a cd driver for the usb converter (cost about 20 $).

Who did you bought this from ?
Cause some also need to be on a specific date or you will also have an error msg such as error -8.

To make your life simple,get a db9 serial entry and put it on com1 without usb converter.
Hyper terminal is good,you just need the crack for it to be unlimited :)

just look into the download batch tell me what error its says, if its error 8 then u need auth key, if its com error then u need db9 serial port cable :)