Linux with Windows 10 interface

Mutt

Professional
Reaction score
Today I would like to talk about the Linuxfx 10 distribution, which looks like Windows 10. This distribution is developed in Brazil, and is based on Ubuntu 20.04. So those who plan to switch to Linux from Windows and do not want to get used to the new interface may like Linuxfx 10. The creators of Linuxfx 10 took the Cinnamon graphical shell as a basis and redesigned its appearance almost beyond recognition, trying to make it look more like Windows 10 At first glance, it is almost impossible to distinguish between the two operating systems. It is also worth noting the redesigned interface of LibreOffice, which looks very similar to Microsoft Office, thanks to the replacement of icons.

Programs in Linuxfx 10
Now let's take a closer look at the software that runs in Linuxfx 10.
To work in the network, Firefox and Chrome browsers are used, GIMP is used to work with graphics, Skype and Microsoft Teams are preinstalled for communication. Anydesk and TeamViewer are available for remote work. Linuxfx 10 even has a voice assistant with a Cortana icon, unfortunately, it only understands commands in Portuguese, Spanish and English. I would like to believe that in the future the voice assistant will also understand the Russian language. It is also worth noting the latest version of the kernel, at the time of this writing, the Linux kernel version is 5.7.

Installing Linuxfx 10
You can download the distribution kit from this link. As for the installation of the Linuxfx 10 distribution, it is quite simple, since the Calamares installer is used. You can read about how to partition a disk in the Calamares installer. I see no point in describing the entire installation process, since everything is actually intuitive there. Of the advantages, it is worth noting the ability to install Linuxfx 10 on weak computers with 2 GB of RAM and 2 processor cores.

Conclusion
I think this distribution will find its fans. As for the graphical shell itself, as mentioned just above, it has low resource consumption. So for those who are used to the Windows 10 interface and have a weak computer, you can install Linuxfx 10. As for installing the software, everything is quite simple, it is installed through the Application Center:

And that's all for today. I hope this article will be useful to you.