Join Date May 2012 Posts 38 USA ATMs only accepting chipped cards as of march 2013?

SaizKan224

Professional
Reaction score
Hey people,

I have a question not regarding the typical talk in this forum but since most of you guys are US residents I hope you can help me out on this.

I read a couple articles about that MC and Visa are trying to make all Points of payment related stuff chipped until march/april 2013.

So ATMs, POS and the cards themselves.

That means ATMs wont take 101 cards anymore.

What is your guess on this?

How is the status on the credit cards at the moment? Are still most mag only or chipped?

I have a plan to go on a cashing spree in the USA soon and this threatens my operation, so I want to check before I go and end up getting screwed over by the new ATMs.

bravo1

DEER
Reaction score
Hey people,

I have a question not regarding the typical talk in this forum but since most of you guys are US residents I hope you can help me out on this.

I read a couple articles about that MC and Visa are trying to make all Points of payment related stuff chipped until march/april 2013.

So ATMs, POS and the cards themselves.

That means ATMs wont take 101 cards anymore.

What is your guess on this?

How is the status on the credit cards at the moment? Are still most mag only or chipped?

I have a plan to go on a cashing spree in the USA soon and this threatens my operation, so I want to check before I go and end up getting screwed over by the new ATMs.

i've never seen a chip in the US, it's only magstrip

just because 1 article says visa and mc plan on it...doesn't mean it is accurate or true...i don't see magstrip changing because americans are so used to magstrip....i don't see that claim as being true

that would mean visa/mc would have to reissue credit cards to every person that does business with them...not plausible...you should only believe it if the government is aware of it and is trying to do something about it....just look at the assault weapon ban in the US

Last edited:

SaizKan224

Professional
Reaction score
The news was on the official sites of visa and mastercard.

So thats why I asked.

Thanks for your fast reply.

p3rito

Professional
Reaction score
Yes I think can't be done for march of 2013. For 2014 it surely can be done, but I really doubt too. The fact is: big companies in US make money from fraud in credit-cards and the countries where we have 201-chips, didn't stopped the fraud. If you look at South America, Europe, Asian countries, almost all of them are 201 already. But fraud continue there...

nsn

Professional
Reaction score
Most credit card companies have chipped versions of their travel benefits credit cards, but I believe its only to facilitate travelling to 201 countries. They still work by magstripe in the us even though they are 201 now...

The switch would take at least a couple of years from the point when I see first debit 201 debit card issued. As I said they started with credits but not to migrate just to make travelers life easier.

Rome0

Seller of:,  Dumps
Reaction score
USA wont Pay for European Rights for Chip&PIN system , so magstripe there still have long day until the END of game :DD
Aslo Lost due too fraud are LESS than COST for move too better securized system for credit card , so they preffer pay the lost with Insurrance card :)

Last edited:

scorpyo

UNRESOLVED PROBLEMS
Reaction score
before i left usa to home , i visiblely had witness in front of my face a pharmacy change all POS one day i go to buy some things ))

a few wal mart i visit to also had place to insert card))

dum.ps

Seller of:,  Dumps
Reaction score
I'm getting dumps from USA POS with 201 so they already started Issuing.

p3rito

Professional
Reaction score
You can get USA pos with 201 since years ago... Nobody said they don't exists. The fact is: when 101 dumps will be rare and when 201 dumps will not have frauds way?
Because we surely know that have ways to continue using 201 dumps (harder, but possible)...

SaizKan224

Professional
Reaction score
Thanks for answers.

I dont care about swiping POS

I need to cashout EU 201 d+p in USA.

ATM only.