is atr god needed for non-blank cards?

anvil

Reaction score
lets say i have a chase card, i wipe the info from it and put new dump info, is atr god needed for the chase card to work properly?

Cloned Boy

Carder
Reaction score
Yes, ATR is needed.

When a contact smart card is inserted into a smart card reader such as the popular ACR38, Omnikey 3121, or Cloud 2700R, the reader sends power and a reset signal to the card, and the card responds with a dozen or more bytes of known data as an ATR. This is usually a fixed sequence for any particular make and model of card, and is designed to tell the reader/system some (limited) information about the card and its capabilities, such as the maximum speed it can operate at and its preferred voltage and clock speed.

Once the ATR is received, the reader, reader drivers, and/or host software can then configure various parameters before getting stuck talking to the card (we'll get to that in a bit!)

With contactless smart card technology, some cards, such as dual interface Java cards, operate in a similar manner even when communicating over a wireless network. A contactless smart card reader applies power to the card when it enters the RF field and receives the same or similar ATR, after which two-way communication is established with the embedded microprocessor.

anvil

Reaction score
Yes, ATR is needed.

When a contact smart card is inserted into a smart card reader such as the popular ACR38, Omnikey 3121, or Cloud 2700R, the reader sends power and a reset signal to the card, and the card responds with a dozen or more bytes of known data as an ATR. This is usually a fixed sequence for any particular make and model of card, and is designed to tell the reader/system some (limited) information about the card and its capabilities, such as the maximum speed it can operate at and its preferred voltage and clock speed.

Once the ATR is received, the reader, reader drivers, and/or host software can then configure various parameters before getting stuck talking to the card (we'll get to that in a bit!)

With contactless smart card technology, some cards, such as dual interface Java cards, operate in a similar manner even when communicating over a wireless network. A contactless smart card reader applies power to the card when it enters the RF field and receives the same or similar ATR, after which two-way communication is established with the embedded microprocessor.
if i put a chase bank card in the omnikey and try to change the atr it wont let me. It wont let me because i dont have a j2a40 blank, is there any way around that?