How to achieve goals in carding?

Carding Forum

Professional
Reaction score
Goals not written down

A 2008 study by the University of California found that those who write down their goals are significantly more successful. After this, similar studies were conducted that showed the same results.

Writing down a goal makes it more real and tangible. It seems to move from the category of “I should do it” to “I will do it,” that is, it takes the form of an obligation. Agree, you have a lot of goals that you want to achieve, but you don’t do it for various reasons.

Get down to carding now: think, open a notepad on your laptop and write down 3 main carding goals for the coming months and 5-6 less global ones.

Goals are not connected to a higher purpose
When you set a plan for a year or longer, do you think about whether the goals align with your highest goal?

Get down to carding now: ask yourself the question: “Why do I need this?” Try to find the deepest answer. Use the Five Whys technique.

Lack of strategy
Almost all people have problems with this. The goal has been set, but there is no strategy on how to achieve it.

Why do you need a strategy? With its help, you can understand in advance what you will do and how, what resources to use, which people to rely on, how to track progress, and receive feedback. It answers the question “How am I going to achieve my goal?”

For example, you want to create your own cardsble shop, but you don’t have all the skills. There are two obvious strategies in this regard: improve skills or hire carders who have them. If it takes 2-3 years to improve a skill, then perhaps you should still turn to other carders. But if this ability is key, then develop it.

Get started now: Since creating a strategy is complex and creative, give yourself plenty of time to get started. You may decide that you need to review your goals every day and change them if necessary. Or make acquaintance with the right carder. These are all elements of strategy.

Lack of action plan
Setting goals is important, but without a clear understanding of your actions, they will remain dreams.

Creating an action plan is necessary because you will immediately form a mental map in your head. The best way is to draw it by hand and see where you are every day.

One of the most common mistakes is not dividing the goal into small steps. This is important to do because it will allow you to track your progress and gain motivation, to understand that you are going in the right direction.

Get started now: draw a mind map or create an action plan. What can you do specifically today to get closer to your goal? What should you do every day?

Low expectations and lack of self-confidence
A carder who has set goals several times and failed to achieve them loses confidence and lowers his goals. You can do this, but such a goal will not change you internally.

Get down to carding now: reconsider your goals and if they seem easily achievable, increase the demands on yourself. And also constantly practice affirmations to become a more confident carder.