How the German bank cashed out

DOBBS5678

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m very new to Germany, I can share some exchange methods

CarderPlanet

Professional
Reaction score
DKB Bank: Withdrawing a large amount of money in cash
The Internet bank DKB (German Credit Bank) can be used as the main bank. It contains almost all functions and, in most cases, has better conditions than local banks with an expensive branch.

Big cash is an exception !?
In this article, you will see how you can solve this problem without opening a second bank account.

Step-by-step instructions:
Withdrawing a larger amount of money

1. Cash up to 5,000 euros
The standard withdrawal amount per day in Germany as a whole is 1000 euros (see foreign withdrawal limit Card limit and costs). If you need to withdraw up to 5,000 euros in cash per day, you can exhaust the next five days in the account.

You can also withdraw cash using your Visa Card, as the limit only applies to cash withdrawals.

2. Cash up to EUR 25,000
It is possible to increase the daily cash withdrawal limit by up to 5,000 euros . For this purpose, you need to contact the DKB bank service department and discuss the details of withdrawing funds for the maximum amount.

Cash withdrawal using a Visa Card through the terminal is free. Around the world!
By the time of my research, a signed promotion letter was enough. Please indicate the period during which an increase in the credit limit should be available.
The letter can be sent via email or fax. Thus, this process can take no more than a few hours.

Free sample letter / template at the end of the article!

Since most ATMs only dispense from 500 to 2000 euros per day, you need to bypass several withdrawal points of different banks in order to get the amount you need.

3. Cash over EUR 25,000
You go to a branch of a foreign bank of your choice and ask for the withdrawal of cash from your credit card. According to the DKB bank's price list (clause 1.1.3), you will have to pay an additional 3% of the amount you want to withdraw, which is at least 5 euros.
Agree, 750 euros out of 25,000 euros is a significant amount. Therefore, we do not recommend doing this. In addition, in order to withdraw funds from a bank account, you must apply in advance with a request to a foreign bank. Even in central cash offices, such an amount may not be available for an unplanned transfer from the account.

or

In any case, go to a branch of a foreign bank and ask to cash out the money order. It will take several days to withdraw cash.
However, even if you are a client of one of the local banks, in order to withdraw a cash payment, you must register a few days in advance.

To do this, you need the following information:
  • Name of the contact person of the bank
  • Fax number
  • Internal bank account
  • With this data, including your own account number, you write a letter (also by fax or email) to DKB Bank requesting an urgent money transfer.

Your order arrives at DKB bank by 10:45 am, subject to fast processing, you can pick up your order in the afternoon at a branch of a foreign bank. The DKB bank charges only 15 euros for an urgent money transfer.
Also, a foreign bank charges a certain amount for cash withdrawal. How large the amount is depends on the particular bank. I will be glad for your experience, dear readers!

How to pay in Germany

Content
1. German bank:
2. Via credit cards:
3. They travel with you in the form of bills:
4. Lyrics

This is perhaps the most important question that everyone who wants to visit this country asks himself first of all. In the European Union, most monetary transactions are carried out using foreign currency bank cards, so it is not surprising that residents of the CIS countries have begun to adopt the western trend, only unlike independent states, the network of payment systems in this very "west" is much more developed. So, for example, even in small grocery stores in Germany, you can pay with a card, not to mention large shopping centers, service points and any other place where certain goods and services are sold.
Of course, the choice largely depends on where your money is at the time of your visit. So, if your money ...

German bank:

EC card
The most common type of bank card in Germany, which can be used to pay at every terminal. The abbreviation, which should be read as "E-Tse" card (stands for "Electronic Cash") and is debit.
Until January 1, 2002, the EC card was the Eurocheque Card. These cards went out of use due to the excessive complexity and ill-conceivedness of the payment system, but due to the similarity of the abbreviation, some people still confuse them.
The EC card is linked to the so-called "girokonto". Simply put, this is a regular checking account, which serves to store money on it without interest. Most banks open such accounts free of charge.... You can put different conditions on the "giro account", in the case, for example, with the youthful "giro account". It can be issued to anyone aged 7-28 inclusive. This type of account, as one of the conditions for obtaining a student visa, must be opened by foreign students, while the account is subject to some cost restrictions per month. For example, a limit of 643 euros per month was placed on my youth account, of which I can spend no more than 300 euros per day and no more than 600 euros per week. If in some month I spend less than this amount, then the remainder can be used in the next.
In short, payment with an EC card does not differ in its principle from payment in cash: debiting from an account occurs instantly, and no interest is charged for processing a request. Withdrawing money from the account will not be difficult either: ATMs that support EC cards are ubiquitous. True, you need to be careful here: only those ATMs on which a special sign is drawn (the image below), and those that belong to your bank, do not charge interest (In the event, of course, if the same sign is printed on the back of your card) ... In all others, you will have to pay an average of about 5.14 euros for each operation (depending on the owner bank).

For many people, the EC card and the Maestro are one and the same, but this is not entirely true. EC card is a generalized concept of cards that work in the "Electronic Cash" payment system. In order for the card to be used in almost every country, the Electronic Cash payment system is combined with any similar and international card system. Most often, such a system is Maestro (which, by the way, belongs to MasterCard), since Maestro cards are also debit cards.
It makes sense to get yourself an EC card (and, accordingly, a bank account) only if you are going to stay in Germany for a rather long time, for example, for the purpose of study or work.
Perhaps it is worth noting that almost all banks issue EC cards for free, immediately after opening an account. If the card is lost, it will be restored, but it will only be sent to the address that you indicated when concluding the contract, while the card and PIN code are sent in two different letters in the appropriate sequence. The fact that you cannot specify the address for sending the card creates certain problems if you are on vacation and have lost your card far from home, therefore, if the assortment of your bank cards on your EC card runs out, you should always have a certain amount of cash with you.

Money card
This card is neither debit nor credit. "Money card" (GeldKarte) is a payment system, the main idea of which is that the amount of money is written directly into the chip of the card. It turns out to be something between a debit card and an electronic wallet or voucher.
There are cards linked and not linked to an account. The latter are called "White Card" (White Card). Cards linked to the account are replenished by debiting money from this very account or via the Internet. White cards are replenished either via the Internet, or in special terminals, or in cash, or by credit and debit cards.

In addition to non-cash payment, a regular money card can be used as:
  • proof of age
  • electronic signature
  • storage location for e-tickets or bonus points
  • checking time and access (for example, to control employees in the company)

The white card cannot be used to confirm the age of its holder. For the same reason, it cannot be used to buy cigarettes sold in vending machines.

Via credit cards:
The only question that can be asked in this case is exactly this: MasterCard or is it Visa? This issue is the theme of many holy wars, which, however, boil down to the fact that MasterCard is predominantly for the eurozone, Visa is for the United States.
I can't say that if you come with any of these credit cards, you will be able to buy anything and anywhere. You will have to look for, say, a grocery store that accepts something other than EC cards. For example, discount stores such as Aldi and companies accept only EC (Niedrig Preis claims that you can pay with anything, but this is far from the case).
The list of grocery stores I found in the city of Halle, where you can pay with any card, turned out to be outrageously short: only real, turned out to be completely omnivorous. To my surprise, even such a giant home appliances and electronics supermarket as Saturn does not cooperate with MasterCard.
But suppose you still find a place where you can pay with a credit card, and your wallet contains both Visa and MasterCard connected to the same account in Euro-currency. At first glance, there is no difference. But after thinking it over, you should get hold of a MasterCard and pay with it. Why? Because Visa allows banks to charge up to 2% commission for each transaction, if your account currency is not US dollars or it differs from the currency for which you buy the item. MasterCard's commission (regardless of whether you buy goods for euros in US dollars or pay for goods for US dollars in euros) is usually lower or none at all. Of course, the currency exchange rate and the size of the commission depend on the bank, but if we are dealing with Visa and MasterCard tied to the same account in euros in the same bank, then MasterCard will be cheaper in 99% of cases.
Of course, it is advisable to find out the conditions provided by your bank for a particular credit card before starting to issue it.

They travel with you in the form of banknotes:
With this, everything is nowhere easier: cash is cash in Africa as well. One has only to remember that when importing more than ten thousand euros into Germany, the money must be declared at customs control. This rule applies not only to cash, but also to its alternatives: bonds, stocks, traveler's checks, etc.
If you do not want to declare money, then this money can be detained or seized, and you can be subject to sanctions.

Lyrics
I share my experience. I have both an EC card linked to an account with Deutsche Bank and MasterCard Gold linked to an account with a Ukrainian bank. I must admit that I hardly use the second one, since it is quite problematic to find an ordinary store with goods of daily necessity, where MasterCard would be accepted. Because of this, 90% of monetary transactions go through the EC. Another 9% falls on cash payments, since cash, whatever they say about the developed networks of terminals, is needed everywhere. For example, the laundry in my dorm only accepts coins, and the machine never gives change. Therefore, the collection of the required number of coins for one wash begins, as a rule, long before the wash itself. The remaining 1% is payment through MasterCard, in 99% of cases these are purchases of clothes or orders via the Internet.
By and large, between cash and non-cash payment methods, I noticed only one plus: in the second case, your wallet will not swell excessively from a huge number of one- and two-euro coins, which most cashiers will try to give change even from large bills, and terrible multi-colored banknotes , each of which has its own unique dimensions, will not overwhelm your eyes.