"Catch the secret link, here gold and clothes are cheaper"

Father

Professional
Reaction score
Anna:
The guys from the school and I got hooked on one online game, where you can communicate with each other and meet other players. The game itself is free, but to be on a par with the tops, you have to pay for the best gear and guns. The game has its own store where you can buy all this.
Once a guy wrote to me in the game chat, we chatted, and he secretly threw me a link to an unofficial store where you can buy the same gear and game gold much cheaper. He has been buying there for a long time, all the rules are working.
I looked, great choice, and really cheaper. I chose things that were interesting to me, began to pay, and they immediately removed $ 15 from me! And I only got $ 2. I quickly write to this guy, and he no longer answers.
A friend, who also plays, said that this is a scam and that you cannot buy anything from the links on the left. In short, I was very upset, because my mother transferred this thousand to new headphones. I don't know how to tell her now.

Financial Culture Expert:
The scammer pretended to be a participant in the game and sent a link to a phishing site in Anna's chat disguised as a page with objects for the game.
The stranger could not be a real person, but a chatbot that hackers created to send messages to users.
Sometimes cybercriminals manage to distribute phishing links through pop-up banners in the game itself. Advertising promises users free items to play or T-shirts, caps, bracelets with logos or characters. But as a result, users lose access to their account in the game, for which they then demand a ransom.
If you, like Ana, entered your bank card details on a fraudulent website, try to block it as soon as possible. For example, call the bank's hotline number - it is indicated on the back of the card - and follow the operator's instructions.
If the card is issued for a teenager's passport, then he will be able to independently obtain a new reissued card at the bank. If the card is linked to the parents' account, then only they can pick up a new one at the office. More information on how to do this can be found in the text "Bank Cards for Children".

To protect your money from fraudsters, it is important to follow the rules of financial security:
  1. Do not disclose your bank card details to anyone under any pretext, including the three-digit code on the back, as well as PIN codes and passwords from messages from the bank.
  2. Always check if the site is secure before making a purchase online. For more information on how to recognize a fraudulent page, read the text "Phishing: what it is and how to protect yourself from it".
  3. Connect SMS or push notifications for all card transactions to immediately learn about suspicious transactions.
  4. Install antivirus software on all gadgets you use.
  5. Do not store a lot of money on the card that you regularly use to pay on the Internet. It is better to get a separate card for online purchases and transfer the required amount to it each time. Parents can limit the amount or number of debits from the child's card.
For more information on how to reduce the risks when using a bank card, read the texts "Safe shopping on the Internet" and "How to protect against theft of money from the card".