Booking.com distributes private customer card data to third parties! Carefully!

Tomcat

Professional
Reaction score
It all started with my trip to Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) on July 21, 2018. As usual, upon arrival, I started looking for a place to stay. To do this, I used the well-known Booking.com service. I use it quite often and usually don't have any problems. Standard procedure: chose a hotel, filled in the dates of stay, confirmed the reservation and went there.

But how surprised and outraged I was when at the hotel reception, in the administrator’s hands, there was a printed piece of paper with my card details, including: Card type, First and Last name on the card, Card expiration date and CVV code! The data is all the same and I entered it only on the Booking.com website!

1532367052133224838.png

Please note that under the Reservation ID, in small print it says: “You can view your guests credit card details 3 times.” Probably Booking.com only allows you to view this data three times, but as you can see, that was enough!

The coolest thing is that using this data, the hotel administrator wrote off money from the card to pay for the reservation! I didn't even enter my PIN code!

It turns out that booking leaks secret card data to everyone and with the help of this data you can carry out operations without asking the card owner!

Very disappointed in Booking.com, I was forced to block the card.
If there are mistakes in the text, don’t point me out, as I write on emotions.

Booking.com is the best service for carders.

(c) https://pikabu.ru/story/bookingcom_...art_klientov_tretim_litsam_ostorozhno_6046604