Bank of America did not return money to the victim of the fraudster, even with camera recordings

Lord777

Professional
Reaction score
Bank of America refused to return money stolen from a resident of the country, which was withdrawn by another person at an ATM. At the same time, as ABC 7 writes, the financial organization sent the victim screenshots of the recording on which the criminal is visible, and stated that he himself is one.

After the money was withdrawn from Kyle Fischer's account (the exact amount is not called), he was relatively calm: he sent a request to the bank and waited for a positive resolution of the issue and a refund. However, instead, he received a refusal with the wording: "We reject your application for fraud, since you yourself made the withdrawal of funds." The support staff also suggested that Fischer additionally request evidence that they have that the man himself was a fraudster.

"A couple of weeks later, they sent me a picture of a person who, according to the bank, was me. And, of course, I wasn't surprised by what I saw: the photo showed someone who looked very little like me," Fischer recalls.

After that, he went to the journalists for help. Those showed printouts of pictures to friends of the American who also did not recognize Fischer in the fraudster. The solution, in their opinion, is that bank employees compared the last and penultimate photo of the person who withdrew funds, and both times it was the criminal. As a result, Bank of America returned the entire amount after the story was made public.