An American woman spent several months trying to return six thousand dollars stolen by skimmers

Carding

Professional
Reaction score
US resident Calli Jagoe spent five months fighting with Ally Bank to return the six thousand dollars stolen from her. The money was withdrawn in 23 transactions between March 25 and April 5, 2023, she told WCNC-TV Charlotte.

Bank records show the transactions ranged from occasional small amounts to companies in California and Texas to several larger payments through a third-party online payment service. At the same time, Ally initially agreed to restore about a thousand dollars, saying that they would provide assistance in returning funds directly from the sellers of the goods. However, this was not possible in the first couple of months of the proceedings.

“It plunged me into a pit of despair, both financially and emotionally,” Jago told reporters. — I missed four days of work. I spent hours on the phone and spent even more time reviewing documents.”

As a result, the victim, with the support of journalists, filed a complaint with the North Carolina Attorney General's Office. Almost five months after the money was stolen, she managed to get it restored to her accounts.

“We strive to make the refund process as simple as possible and not associated with emotional turmoil,” Ally stated dryly. “We are very sorry that Jago spent so much time trying to resolve her issue positively.”