A doctor from the United States tried to hire a killer for his girlfriend for bitcoins

Carding 4 Carders

Professional
Reaction score
A general practitioner from the US state of Georgia pleaded guilty to organizing the failed murder of a young woman. The doctor tried to pay for the killer's services with bitcoins via the darknet.

James Wan began thorough preparations for the murder in April 2022, according to the US Department of Justice. The idea was to create the impression that the friend died as a result of a failed carjacking. Wang found the hitman on the darknet, providing details about his girlfriend, including a Facebook account and a description of the car. To pay for the prohibited services, Wang had to transfer $24,200 in bitcoins to the killer.

The operation didn't go as smoothly as the doctor had hoped. First, the customer had to sign a contract with the hired killer and transfer a 50% prepayment (about $8000 in bitcoins). Everything went wrong: the funds were sent to a different address by mistake. A week later, Wang made another BTC transaction for the same amount. As the Ministry of Justice found out, he was so impatient to complete his plan that he flooded the darknet forum with similar questions: "How soon will the work be completed? I placed an order — how quickly will it be completed? Can I find out what stage of completion the job is at? Is there anyone in my neighborhood?" Despite the impatience of the customer, the murder never took place. Wang is currently awaiting sentencing in the federal court, which is scheduled to take place in January 2024.

"Even though Wang cowardly hid on the darknet, his cold-blooded plot was thwarted thanks to the work of our law enforcement officers. Now the man will have to face the consequences of his criminal offense," said Keri Farley, special agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Atlanta.

In 2021, the FBI identified a resident of Tennessee, Nelson Replogle, who paid the killer BTC for the murder of his wife. A few months ago, a court sentenced to five years in prison a resident of Nevada Kristy Lynn Felkins, who paid with bitcoins for the failed murder of her ex-husband.