3G modem IMEI change

Fanexus

Carder
Reaction score
Don't think there's any because IMEI is programmed in the hardware, so to change that you will have to change/update the whole hardware code.

But, if the IMEI is stored on RAM or EEPFROM memory it's a big success that a software could do what you want.

/F

stink

Professional
Reaction score
If you could do something that police would find you by IMEI, you have enough money to buy more than one modem.
It is enough - one modem with one IMEI.
You could use chinesse phones based on MTK processor as a GPRS-only modem - it is easy to change IMEI

volfymac

VIP member
Reaction score
IMEI of 3G can't be changed from what i know.
But if you will have success to change it I'm pretty sure that internet will not work anymore.

wintop499

Reaction score
It's a 3g connection, the same way it works for GPS to connect to your phone prolly works for the 3g thing amriite?

epicgodz

Professional
Reaction score
They can triangulate your position based on the cell phone towers but that will be just an area of about 25+ meters. Not anywhere as accurate as a GPS signal. Technically anyone can triangulate cell phone signals with the correct software that allows you access to tower information which I actually have in hand, its called TEMS from when I did some RF engineering work when T-mobile first rolled out its 3G network a few years back :).

Your going to have to do some really hot shit however to get them to even try and triangulate your position. The most likely scenario is them just contacting the carrier and shutting off service. Triangulating is better suited to prove that a specific person was at a specific place at this time and date.

About changing the IMEI, it is possible and actually some hackers steal IMEIs from legit cell phone carriers to clone black listed cell phones but this would only work for a few weeks at the most until the carrier figures it out. I forget the name of the OS that the hackers install but it acts like a trojan and is usually aimed at Android devices.

Last edited:
Reactions: mexxu1

mexxu1

Great answer, thanks

mexxu1

Carder
Reaction score
They can triangulate your position based on the cell phone towers but that will be just an area of about 25+ meters. Not anywhere as accurate as a GPS signal. Technically anyone can triangulate cell phone signals with the correct software that allows you access to tower information which I actually have in hand, its called TEMS from when I did some RF engineering work when T-mobile first rolled out its 3G network a few years back :).

Your going to have to do some really hot shit however to get them to even try and triangulate your position. The most likely scenario is them just contacting the carrier and shutting off service. Triangulating is better suited to prove that a specific person was at a specific place at this time and date.

About changing the IMEI, it is possible and actually some hackers steal IMEIs from legit cell phone carriers to clone black listed cell phones but this would only work for a few weeks at the most until the carrier figures it out. I forget the name of the OS that the hackers install but it acts like a trojan and is usually aimed at Android devices.
This is what I wanted to hear, detailed information from someone who knows what he's talking about, thanks for your help I am sure you helped others as well as me.