2 methods to calculated arqc bptols: Which one is right?

jenkor

Reaction score
Hi there

I've seen two ways to generate the ARQC with BPTools for chiped cards but I don't know which one is correct:

Method 1
Keys > Keys DEA
"Key Generator" tab > Lock button to generate a Key
"Key Validation" tab > I add in "Key" field the first generated key then lock button
EMV > Application Cryptograms > EMV v4.2
"UDK" tab > I add the card number in "PAN" field then lock button
"ACC/ARQC/TC" tab > I add in "Session Key" the first generated key then lock button
"ARPC" tab > I add in "Session Key" the first generated key
"ARPC" tab > I add in "AAC/ARQC/TC" the "AC generated"
"ARPC" tab > I select in "Response code" the option "00: Succesful aproval/completion"
"ARPC" tab > Finally Lock button and the "ARPC generated" is the same ARQC I should use in ARQC1, ARQC2 and ARQC3

Is this the right method to generate the ARQC so as not to get errors when you try to cashout the ATM?

Method 2
I see other method where you will get with BPtools 3 ARQC differents for ARQC1, ARQC2 and ARQC3
Logically, this other method seems the right one because you are adding more data to correctly generate 3 different ARQCs, however I don't know yet how to calculate ARQCs with this method because is required add the MK (master derivation key) and Unpredictible Number.

Can you tell me how I can find the MK and Unpredictible NR of my own card? And from a purchased DUMP or track2 (sellers no always attach MD and Unp NR)?

regards

jenkor

Reaction score
thank you carder, i had already seen this video, it is incomplete as mentioned by the author of the video in response to lil Taj
With method 1 I was able to generate the ARQC, my problem is in the X2 emv, I introduce the equivalent track2 of my own card and the software won't let me continue if I don't add 5 zeros to the end of my track2 ..
regards

Carder

Professional
Reaction score
Please try to contact the software developer to fix the error or order an individual development from the programmers.