Setting up your phone for anonymity

Teacher

Professional
Reaction score
Hello In this article, we will look at what security tools you should have on your smartphone to feel safer on the Internet.

VPN​

The first thing that comes to mind is a VPN. And your own. Or a paid one. I don't recommend anything, but "PIA VPN" shows itself well among the paid ones.

Proxy​

I recommend buying a proxy on proxy6 or proxyline. You need to buy them with VPN enabled and register an account not for the main mail, it is best to use a temporary one. Ideally, buy proxies that are sold in one hand.

Browser​

V-o-o-t it's not so obvious, and it's much more fun. You must have a properly configured browser. Our choice falls on Firefox, because only in it extensions are available on the phone.

Let's start configuring it:
  • After downloading the browser, click on the three dots in the upper-right corner.
  • Next, click "Add-ons".
  • We get to this menu. Click on the selected line.
  • We get to a page where we can search for extensions.

Great! Now download the necessary extensions:
  • Cookie autodelete. I think everything is clear here, this extension automatically deletes cookies.
  • Decentraleyes. Disables tracking from ads.
  • Disable WebRtc. Absolutely! WebRTC is a JavaScript-based communication protocol that can leak your actual IP address by default. This addon fixes this flaw, making VPNs more efficient.
  • Google analytics blocked. Ban on tracking from Google.
  • NoScript. Disabling scripts. Also required.
  • Privacy Badger. Tracker blocker.
  • User-agent swither. Changes your user agent.
  • IDN Safe. This is a browser extension that blocks internationalized domain names so that you can't visit likely fake sites.
  • Privacy settings. Setting up privacy.
  • FoxyProxy. You need it to work with proxies. You must add them to this extension after purchasing proxies! The setup guide can be found in Google.

All this is a necessary minimum for working with your phone. Even if you don't feel safe after that, you can use your left SIM card, someone else's wi-fi, and change your phone if necessary. It all depends on your goals.