Police hunts carders through forums and IM's

ttraffic

Carder
Reaction score
I was wondering a little about the polices work of hunting carders.

I know that a few forums (no examples) are infiltrated by police/governments
and some run by them however. How often are they actually talking with a carder
through ICQ or any other IM's.

And if we go further, what are the police allowed to say? Are they permitted to
actually provoke you to say things like "wanna buy dumps" or "I'm selling dumps
for $14/cc".

The reason that I'm asking is that I'm talking to a guy that I met at a forum and
isn't sure if he is legit.

The things he have said is that he have contacts that does things for him and he
can supply me with dumps, cc and other things. Maybe he's a reseller, he although
very nice and doesn't have that "ripper"-behavior. Think of it like "almost to nice",
but how can I know if he is a cop or not?

He knows very much about carding and tecniques....

There is alot of questions in my post and I hope that someone is able to shine a
light on my questions :)

Gorod

BANNED
Reaction score
Yeah police love to provoke, its called an agent provocatuer. But your lucky some people here in carding dont just do carding and got spot these guys miles away.

Wayllising

BANNED
Reaction score
Please note, if you want to make a deal with this user, that it is blocked.
You can tell if it's a police by the way the act. And some people have already been exposed to be a police. So be careful dealing with untrusted vendors.

bricktop

BANNED
Reaction score
ttraffic,
Go with your instinct. drop the guy like a hot potato and don't look back.
rgds
bricktop

lolmarket

BANNED
Reaction score
Please note, if you want to make a deal with this user, that it is blocked.
Be careful, it's best to be paranoid. At least that's how I stay out of trouble. But I would think police would set up the dealers rather than the buyers. It's just like drugs, they want to catch the people selling. So if you are a vendor of plastics, dumps or w/e. be careful who you sell to. Have multiple dumps and vpns

supergh0st

BANNED
Reaction score
The UK Met Police are actively using msn messenger to contact people with regard to the buying of cc's and MSR206's I know this cos one of my mates drops got arrested recently and they took over his msn account

gogo

RIPPER
Reaction score
police have right to do anything they want to provoke you, they will even have a deal with you to make sure you have the stuff and shit. thats how dron the skimmer seller was caught. the officer bought 2 skimmers and then busted him.

Use socks + vpn + clean history + use pidgin ICQ with encryption add-ons, + clean history + don't save cc's and chat history on pc + encrypt ur hdd = u will never be fucked.

bamboocha

DEER
Reaction score
police have right to do anything they want to provoke you, they will even have a deal with you to make sure you have the stuff and shit. thats how dron the skimmer seller was caught. the officer bought 2 skimmers and then busted him.

Use socks + vpn + clean history + use pidgin ICQ with encryption add-ons, + clean history + don't save cc's and chat history on pc + encrypt ur hdd = u will never be fucked.

gogo how i do all this ?? :))srry im pretty new in this..i will use internet trougha vpn what i will get from here (secretslist.biz),bt how i encrypt my hdd??or use pidgin icq???

gogo

RIPPER
Reaction score
gogo how i do all this ?? :))srry im pretty new in this..i will use internet trougha vpn what i will get from here (secretslist.biz),bt how i encrypt my hdd??or use pidgin icq???

Add me on icq :D

MisterRichard

BANNED
Reaction score
I wouldn't be worried, since its not the way cops would do. I think its just a myth that people think they do it this way. Think about it - have you ever heard about anyone getting busted this way really?

C

capac

windows 7 + Virtual XP image on a cryptocontainer on usb PayPal - that for pc

socks + PRIVATE VPN (buy ur personal server and mount ur private vpn, well if can hack urself a machine and mount vpn is better) NOT USE VPN SOLD ON FORUMS or will pass same as shadowcrew!!! + some crypt (ndc or otr or simp...) for the IM's....

this is the minimum to stay more safe...

if possible to use some wifi far from ur home using a high gain antenna better!

markusss

DEER
Reaction score
the main way that police use is ,,HONEYPOT'' they are fake machines , that are showing like .. vulnaralable servers '' when u attack them .. the makin a trace root ... and they catch u :D sheet :( ( exuse my engliish by the way) :p :p :p

serialkilla

Professional
Reaction score
yes, it's true about honeypots... then with that said.. we can think Tor may not be safe then... because of the open network you connect to on it may actually be LE's server or what do you think?

ttraffic

Carder
Reaction score
yes, it's true about honeypots... then with that said.. we can think Tor may not be safe then... because of the open network you connect to on it may actually be LE's server or what do you think?

The thing about Tor is that the traffic is encrypted ONLY when it travels through the chain. When it leaves the chain and goes to the destination, it's unencrypted, thereby the machine that acts as the exit-node will be able to sniff your traffic

livethebeat

Professional
Reaction score
This thread sounds like a way for LE to change their approach and learn how we can spot them so they can improve their techniques.

Anyone that responded to this thread just aided them.