Americans and carding — not everything is as obvious as you thought

Father

Professional
Reaction score
We pass on the word to our subscriber, who will tell you about karge across the ocean.
The guy has been arriving in Toronto for 2 months and now he will share with you interesting cases and solutions of Canadians so as not to fall for the tricks of cybercriminals.

Hello everyone, I just want to dispel your idea of "stupid" Americans who are so stupid that they do not check their bank account and return there once every six months.

Also, many carding channels constantly talk about "yes, people get their money back in full, no one suffers" and in general, everyone here is very lazy so as not to write a statement and even call the bank. And you have nothing to worry about when you hit the next American card, everything will be returned to everyone and everyone will be happy.

So, let's get down to business. During my time living here, I have already heard about stories of stealing money from cards and bank accounts, and absolutely everyone knows about this problem, probably every second.

The Americans even gave it the name fraud, that is, fraud. I've also heard more than once about stories related to identity theft, also a specialized definition — a case of identity theft.

Remember these 2 terms and which one is responsible for what, later in the article I will mention this more than once...

How does this even happen, what does it mean?​

If everything is clear with fraud, then identity theft is not so clear. This case of fraud is a full-fledged set of unpleasant incidents related to identity theft.

Identity theft can be the theft and use of a driver's license (driver license), SSN (soc. security number) and other documents in order to create new accounts, loans, obn@la and other dirty tricks related to identity substitution. If you Google a little, you can find a lot more that falls under this definition: from creating profiles in social networks. social networks in someone else's name before getting a job and so on.

In the case of identity theft, it is not very difficult to prove your innocence, people will easily reissue documents with other identifiers, close their accounts, and in general, return everything as it was.

But with fraud, everything is much, much more complicated, and now an American or Canadian is responsible for their own pennies, and - attention (!) - will pay a fine of$50 to $ 500. Now remember the words of k@rda channels, when "no one suffers from our actions, only the state and insatiable banks".

How does this happen and why do people have to pay the fine?​

There are several options for an unpleasant split.:
  1. If the person reported to the bank immediately after the incident, the cardholder is not required to pay any fines. Further, the bank is forced to review the case within 10 days and most likely return the money. (Everyone I talked to on this topic — the money was returned, but the amounts were not so large, for$300-400)
  2. 2 days after debits — a mandatory fine of$ 50 and all the same conditions as above. Do not rush to think "well, this is still not enough, the money will be returned." Go ahead...
  3. Well, the cherry on the cake is a period of up to 60 days, which begins after two and before the expiration of two months. That is, on the third day after debiting, you will owe a$ 500 fine to the bank and all the same conditions as in clause 1.
  4. After 2 months, no applications are accepted, and even more so there can be no question of a refund.
Link to the article with money back rules (English)

The case with Reddit when a guy was robbed of 10,000 CAD and after 90 days nothing was returned. (English)

Pay attention to the small details of this story: the card was used to pay for auto parts and plane tickets.

Further, the victim says that after 6 months of investigation, the police could not find anything, but found that the store where they bought auto parts was used for other stolen cards.

Do you still think that carding is a harmless activity, do you think no one will take you overseas?

And detection of loss after 90 days is quite common if a person forgot about the account, and the card or bank account data was stolen.

They can find out about this in several cases: when buying a home, applying for a new job, or applying for a loan. In all three cases, he is more likely to be rejected because of a bad credit score, due to these write-offs and hanging loans.

Credit score is a certain indicator of trust in the banking sector, it is based on your banking reputation, loan repayment and similar things.

Moreover, banks are also not fools here, and are not always eager to return money. If the victim does not explain himself correctly in the application, then in case of theft from the debit card, the bank is no obligation to return anything. This is stated in the first link that I gave above.

What do I mean by that? If the card was lost or passed on to third parties, it is already the owner's fault.

By the way, having studied the issue a little more technically, most banks and cards have a "Fraud alert" switch in online banking. Instead of our usual blocking. So absolutely everyone knows about possible dangers, but not everyone pays attention to it for the time being...

Why do people continue to fuck up their cards and data?​

1. A lot of leaky sites that break our craftsmen day after day.
  2. Tons of spam, stiller ads, push malware everywhere you can. Here a person tries not to pay for photoshop, gets on the forum and downloads the glue with some stiller or botnet, which is even worse.
  3. ATM at every turn, skimmers (a device for stealing cards) do not sleep, I myself try to avoid these terminals here.
  4. Carelessness of citizens. The fact that you can milk American cards is known not only by carders from the CIS, but also by various craftsmen of national origin.
Yesterday I saw the news about 3 suspects in fraud, now they are wanted in Toronto and GTA (greater toronto area). What did they do? In short: the suspects worked as pizza deliverers, then the victim accepted the order and paid with a debit card, the deliverer pretended that the card / terminal was not working, went with the card to the car and took another terminal, then replaced the customer's card and went to withdraw cash.

Link to the news above

And it would seem that it could be dumber — you will think. Now imagine the scope of skimmers and other card providers across the country and beyond.

I think you have no doubt that everyone in North America knows about carding, but why do they keep stealing money? I think it's all about the mentality and habits of a stable life without any bullshit. Recently, a friend of mine received a FedEx parcel, a person without a second thought called all the details of his card, and then followed the write-off.

People here are simply not used to seeing nab everywhere, but those who have already fallen for an unpleasant write-off once will no longer leave their account unattended.

Look, even on the official website of Canada there are instructions on how to avoid fraud and what to do in case of such problems.

A little bit about law-abiding...​

It seemed to me that 99% of the crowd would always report something wrong to the police, especially when it comes to personal finances. Another thing is that when the trend for carding is growing, and the police receive daily reports of another fraud, sooner or later something will change.

I almost forgot to tell you about my rehabilitation afteridentity fraud. In the procedure for recovering from, reporting to the police is the first item on the list, followed by filling out an application on the site. It may be different in the United States, but the logic is the same.

Now you have a more detailed idea of the situation with the "front line", I personally think that this has already gone too far, but there is no panacea in this situation.

Well, they will add some CVV2 — they will still bypass it, or they will fuck out of bank accounts and all sorts of wallets, throw force to catch hackers — it's not profitable, not the volume and everyone works separately behind the wall of anonymizers and all sorts of virtual machines + besides, the countries are not in the best relations, you can still argue about Ukraine.

On the moral side, I was only able to emphasize once again that this occupation is ignoble, and even more so to call it some kind of "earnings" and "raising money" is very difficult.

The usual robbery, but only in the network. I wouldn't do that, and I don't advise you to, because God is the judge of the rest of us. A carder never knows who he is stealing from, and not all citizens have a good condition behind them and a large house with two cars.

I have everything, thank you for your attention!